Framus Cobra Just Arrived...

Beastly

• Members

couple things i noticed right away.

1) no footswitch :( And i cant even find one on the net...how does this work anyway?

2) I see the external Bias adjustor....but dont see where to hook up the meter. My DSL has three prongs beside the adjustor...any help?

3) I must say my first reaction was how much less tank-like it is than my marshall....had knobs falling off (no prob now) front grill was a little bent in (no biggie) but i mean...i was expecting alot for nearly 3 grand canadian...just feels a little...i dunno...cheaper than the DSL anyway which is definetly not the case...but oh well, its how it sounds, and there it has the marshall beat in a lot of ways.

Thanks to anyone willing to help this dip{censored}.

....counting down the hours till 5 oclock so i can blast this puppy :)

• Members
Originally posted by juby

1) no footswitch
:(
And i cant even find one on the net...how does this work anyway?

2) I see the external Bias adjustor....but dont see where to hook up the meter. My DSL has three prongs beside the adjustor...any help?

....counting down the hours till 5 oclock so i can blast this puppy
:)

Any Famus dealer can get you a footswith for the Cobra. They are around $70. Sometimes you can find them on ebay.

• Members

get a hold of derek b at www.rocksolidamps.com about the footswtich, he hooked up me up

you can also use any midi footswitch which is VERY easy...just step on the patch you want on the footswitch, and hit the save button on the cobra

hell you might even be able to score a used boss gt6 or gt3 cheap, and have some FX built into a footswitch ;)

i use a gt-6 for fx and switching on mine btw...i've also got the framus footswitch, and another boss midi switcher

• Members
Originally posted by cobrahead1030

get a hold of derek b at
www.rocksolidamps.com
about the footswtich, he hooked up me up

you can also use any midi footswitch which is VERY easy...just step on the patch you want on the footswitch, and hit the save button on the cobra

hell you might even be able to score a used boss gt6 or gt3 cheap, and have some FX built into a footswitch
;)

i use a gt-6 for fx and switching on mine btw...i've also got the framus footswitch, and another boss midi switcher

now that's interesting...Thanks

• Members

1) no footswitch
:(
And i cant even find one on the net...how does this work anyway?

3) I must say my first reaction was how much less tank-like it is than my marshall....had knobs falling off (no prob now) front grill was a little bent in (no biggie) but i mean...i was expecting alot for nearly 3 grand canadian...just feels a little...i dunno...cheaper than the DSL anyway which is definetly not the case...but oh well, its how it sounds, and there it has the marshall beat in a lot of ways.

....counting down the hours till 5 oclock so i can blast this puppy
:)

Where did you buy it from? I didn`t get the damn footswitch either:mad:

There`s 5 bisas test points, V-1 to 4 and GND. Just hook up your meter and bam....

What cab are you running with it?

Your not far from me, not to many Framus around here man.

Chris

• Members

Originally posted by 7 Stringer

Where did you buy it from? I didn`t get the damn footswitch either:mad:

There`s 5 bisas test points, V-1 to 4 and GND. Just hook up your meter and bam....

What cab are you running with it?

Your not far from me, not to many Framus around here man.

Chris

Music123

I see the test points now haha...Thanks dude

Im running a Marshall 1960B

Thats awesome....what band are you in?

• Members

Did you buy the open box one from music 123 or whatever it was? It was 1749 or something...

I checked out the Framus amps at NAMM, and while they sound great, the build quality is kind of a let down. I don't think I could buy one in good conscience unless I only played at home or had a nice head case to keep it in.

• Members

yeah..i bought it from music123.....they dont have the pedal tho...i'll have to look locally but i have my doubts about that as well....anyway, i'll find one...thanks for giving me a relative price

please tell me you used their price match, and didn't pay $2400 (usd) for it?

i dunno what that converts to in CAD, but i got mine here for $1950 shipped from them

• Members

haha i bet. holy crap dude. (7stringer)
im too stoked to work today....3 more hours! :mad:

Yeah, i was going to buy the open box one for 1749 but i asked the a question and he couldnt/didnt wanna answer it so he shipped me a new one for the open box price......came out to $1860 american (shipped) or like....2500 canadian after taxes and {censored}

Archived