Minus the Bear's tone

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

The singer plays chords and does the finger picking strumming parts on a telecaster on neck pickup.

The Lead guy taps almost everythin he does on a PRS custom 22 on the neck pickups always as well.

They both play on fender amps, twin reverbs If i remember right.

The both use Ibanez tube screamers as well If I remember right, the turbo model if that's the one with 4 knobs.

Huge part of their sound is all the 6 DL4 units they use for syncopating stuff and the fact that most lead parts are tapped even if they don't need to be.

• Members

a prs?? hmm... whats the guys last name, I know his first name, and I know he was in botch, but I can never remember his last name... and yeah, I know everything was tapped or hammer on's and pull offs, and layered with delays and such... thier albums have some of my very favorite clean tones ever

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

a prs?? hmm... whats the guys last name, I know his first name, and I know he was in botch, but I can never remember his last name... and yeah, I know everything was tapped or hammer on's and pull offs, and layered with delays and such... thier albums have some of my very favorite clean tones ever

Dave Knudson

• Members

heh, its not the kind of tapping a shredder would go ape{censored} for... but if you're interested check out "They Make Beer Commercials Like This" or "This is What I Know About Being Gigantic"

it's really good indie rock drinking music... and the guitarist is amazing, he came from Botch, an incredible (and I do mean incredible) hardcore/tech/metalcore band... and the lead singer came from a band called Sharks Keep Moving which is pretty good too, he's great at sounding sarcastic and non-chalant... great band all around! Very original approach to song writing

• Members

I'm wearing a Botch shirt as we speak... easily my favorite band

and yeah, MTB is catchy as hell... I love this line

"She comes dancing up to me, and she can't dance, but it's alright!"

haha, I get this image of a drunken girl trying to look sexy while hobbling over to some guy at a bar, the mental images alone kill me

• Members

Dave is a great guitarist and I really love both bands... I think I liked Botch more though. I wish they were still around. I think We Are The Romans is one of my all time favorites.

I think Dave used a dual recto in Botch.. not sure though.

• Members

Menos El Oso is my new favorite album. I love how most of the songs are sung in third person. My god, they are sooooooo good. I first saw them a few years ago opening for a band I liked and I remember telling my friend that they will be huge. I still think their marketing potential is huge. Regardless, they're writing awesome original music instead of trying to fit into some genre.

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

thats a dual recto on the album?? man, my recto never sounded like that... my uber is a bit closer tho...

sounds exactly like what i imagine a dual recto to be. it's got that 'bigger than itself' sound. i don't know how to describe it.:o

Archived