Need Korg ZD3 insert for Korg Z3 synth manual

yamex5

• Members

Hello All,

I recently purchased a used Korg Z3 Synth and ZD3 midi hex pickup/converter for guitar, and though the seller included the manual, there is a reference to an insert that explains how to install the pickup and driver which was not included. I've searched the Korg and Yamaha (Yamaha owned Korg at that time) and it is not included in their online manuals.

I assume that there is also discussion about optimal pickup placement and tweaking, so I really would like to find the ZD3 insert.

If you have this insert, I will pay a reasonable price for a soft or hard copy.

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post, but apparently my post in the electric guitar section was deleted. Please let me know if there is a more appropriate place to ask this!

Thanks,

Mike Loutris

• Members

I thought about posting that, as it is a great site for any guitar-synth user (and seriously gas-inducing, too). But it lacks the insert the OP requested, though it is a good source for the main manual.

The Z3 would have been awesome had it had patch editing - the only FM based guitar synth out there. As it is, it has one of the fastest guitar -to-midi speeds around.

Roland installation manuals (GK-1, GK-2, GK-2A, etc.) are at

http://backstage.rolandus.com/product_manuals/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

Dunno where you might find it,
I don't have it for mine
, but the pickup installation instructions for the Roland hex pixkups will tell you what you need to know to put the ZD3 on your guitar. I know it worked for me....

Hi Fuzzlabs,

I'm not sure if I misunderstood the statement above in bold. Do you have a Korg Z3 guitar synth system yourself? If you're not using it, would you consider selling it? When I received mine, the pickup was not tracking the low E string. I, in stupidity, used a strong adhesive and raised the low E string side of the pickup less than 1/8 of an inch. Not only did the low E not track, but the G string stopped tracking for the most part also. The few days I had 5 strings working were very cool. My intention is to use use my Yamaha EX5 as the sound source, so I really don't want to go the Roland route.

Thanks,

Mike

• 10 years later...

Archived