The lovefest for Bruschi is making me nauseous

ncook

• Members
Originally posted by ncook

BORR4

Dont make it sound like the Pats made some glorious comeback, they were imbarrassed by a road losing team for the first 3 quarters. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN, so its not like they pulled anything off. They just did so in an embarrassing fashion.

And as far as Bruschi goes, he a good guy, it was ESPN that was out of line with their gayness.

EDIT: By the way, I noticed you didn't pipe up until the Pats won;)

Give me a {censored}ing break! Ever heard of parity? Any given Sunday? It doesn't matter who's supposed to win, it's who shows up to play for 60 minutes, it's who DOES win!

• Members
Originally posted by BORR4

... I'm anxious to see how the Colts will play against a team that has a winning record.

Brady was shut down by a team with a losing record.

By the way... Jacksonville has a winning record and a great defense, who won? Tell me because I forgot. (put a hurtin on Leftwich while we were at it. :cool: )

• Members

EDIT - Jacksonville is the only team they have played with a winning record - YAY!!! Leftwich is no Brady - but the Colts have already seen that a few times.

If you're blaming the Pats performance (or lack of) on Brady then we can't have any sort of intelligent football discussion. THe Pats' line is TERRIBLE and might be the worst in the league right now - combine that with the worst secondary in the league and what do you expect? Did you see the time of possession? Brady never had the ball. It's tough to do much when your on the sidelines. The Pats defense is handcuffing them in a major way this year. I think they are giving up somewhere around 360 yards per game. That is terrible. But in typical fashion, all of that didn't matter. Big time players make big time plays when it's on the line - that's why they have been champions 3 of the last 4 years. 21 points in the 2nd half and another win. 4-3 against the toughest schedule in the league when you're playing shorthanded like they are is pretty impressive whether you like them or you don't.
You can keep on with the player hating because they have won so many games but I always hand out the respect when it is due and the Pats keep on earning it. If you're beloved Colts step up for once and win next week I'll give them whatever credit they deserve.
I also want to get back to the Peyton VS. Eli debate we had a while back. It's about the half way mark in the season and if you were to pro rate Eli's numbers based on the first half, he is having a MUCH better year than Peyton did his rookie year. I might be off a little but he has 13 TD's and 5 Ints +/- which would be 26 TD's and 10 Int for the year. The earth shattering Peyton had 26 TD's and 28 Int his first year. No comparison there. Oh yeah, the Giants are in first place - the Colts were 3-13. You ready to take Payton's cock out of your mouth for a minute and recognize yet? :)

• Members

Originally posted by Fxrs

Give me a {censored}ing break! Ever heard of parity? Any given Sunday? It doesn't matter who's supposed to win, it's who shows up to play for 60 minutes, it's who DOES win!

You don't get any W's for only winning part of a game.

The Pats style in this era was always to hang around and pull it out at the end. In the last few years, they barely beat the crappy teams, and they barely beat the good teams...but they beat 'em. They just about always beat them in the past few years.

They still have some of that style. But they also have a lot of injuries so it'll be tough for them.

• Members

Originally posted by ncook

ESPNs having an orgasm over him, its pathetic!

Yeah I agree. It's a great story but they always just go too far. They ram it down our throats. They don't let us think for ourselves. They forcefeed us this nonstop {censored}. Same thing with the Giants owner who died. They were constantly ramming it down my throat for the entire game Sunday. Enough is enough.

Archived