Arch Enemy-Silverwing clip (MKIII of course)

TU BE

• Members

I'm not familiar with the song, so I don't know how "right" or "wrong" it was. I thought it sounded great, and I think the drums sit fine. I'm not exactly a fan of MIDI drums, but they work. They screw up a mix right nicely, I can tell you that.

The settings you used would work well for some Death, IMO. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by drucifer

I'm not familiar with the song, so I don't know how "right" or "wrong" it was. I thought it sounded great, and I think the drums sit fine. I'm not exactly a fan of MIDI drums, but they work. They screw up a mix right nicely, I can tell you that.

The settings you used would work well for some Death, IMO.
:thu:

Thanks man.

Yes, midi drums are hard as hell to mix. Their either too low or too high in the mix. It's tough getting them "just right".

• Members

sounded good, but i like some of your other mark III clips better

i guess this is tuned lower than you're used to? i've been experimenting trying to record my 7 string, and i find it works best if i back off the bass on the amp a notch or two, and used just a little bit of post EQ to bring it back up...seems to help out a bit with the clarity, that being said i still haven't gotten a good 7 string tone recorded that i was satisfied with

heavier strings wouldn't hurt either, but then again i use 11-56 gauges tuned to drop Db so i'm biased toward heavy strings ;)

• Members
Originally posted by cobrahead1030

sounded good, but i like some of your other mark III clips better

i guess this is tuned lower than you're used to? i've been experimenting trying to record my 7 string, and i find it works best if i back off the bass on the amp a notch or two, and used just a little bit of post EQ to bring it back up...seems to help out a bit with the clarity, that being said i still haven't gotten a good 7 string tone recorded that i was satisfied with

heavier strings wouldn't hurt either, but then again i use 11-56 gauges tuned to drop Db so i'm biased toward heavy strings
;)

Thanks for checking it out.

Usually, the lowest tuning I do is drop C and that is very rare.

Archived