OT: Schallers or Dunlop Straplocks?

ckreon

• Members

I've read good and bad reviews about both, the only that worries me is that I have three very different guitars I need them to work on. A PRS Custom 24, a Fender Telecaster, and a Les Paul. The Schallers have great reviews with fender, but not so hot with the LP, the Dunlops have mixed reviews on this. I figure either way I do it I'll have to use the toothpick/woodglue method on the LP - but I was wondering if anyone here had insight.

This isn't a bias war either, I NEED THESE TO HOLD - through flips, jumps etc, I am very hard on my strap/guitar, and this needs to hold.

• Members

Originally posted by ckreon

I've read good and bad reviews about both, the only that worries me is that I have three very different guitars I need them to work on. A PRS Custom 24, a Fender Telecaster, and a Les Paul. The Schallers have great reviews with fender, but not so hot with the LP, the Dunlops have mixed reviews on this. I figure either way I do it I'll have to use the toothpick/woodglue method on the LP - but I was wondering if anyone here had insight.

This isn't a bias war either, I NEED THESE TO HOLD - through flips, jumps etc, I am very hard on my strap/guitar, and this needs to hold.

I personally like the Schallers with a Lespaul. reason being is the the way the Schallers hook to each other, its like a hooking type clip. The Dunlop are hanging by nothing but ballbering type of a lock. If those metal balls inside wear out, they wont lock or stay in place.

Good luck!

• Members

Originally posted by ckreon

Schallers.

Dunlop's fail.

• Members

If I was planning on swinging my guitar around like an banshee:D I would go with oversized woodscrews and large fender washers. None of the commercially available straplocks are safe for this kind activity:wave: and you are asking for a disaster by trying it with them. You can always go with an eyebolt and a shackle(Like EVH)...............John

Archived