anybody familiar with Halo guitars?

Sordid1

• Members

Originally posted by anubae_obscura

i just checked the site....MIUS, decent looking, and they are wanting to endorse your band? free? if not then hmmm...if so...WHY NOT? ive never actually played the guitars tho..they look ok....

im a cheap ass and if i can get my band freebies im gonna do it...just my opinion..

well the guitars aren't free so that's where my questioning is coming in. It's just an initial thing so who knows if anything will really come of it but it sounds interesting. The thing is right now I don't really have any cash to buy a new guitar with so we will see how much they will charge us.

• Members

they sponsor a few {censored}ty bands in my area. I guess its easy to get an endorsement through them. Why not look into it. I have, i guess all it takes is a phone call and they'll be all over it. I dont know exactly what the deal is. I really wouldnt pay any more than like $300 for a guitar if they were gonna be endrosing me, just because thats what they're worth to me.

The guitars dont really interest me that much to put my name on them ya know. The only one that interests me is the invert (looks like a ravelle). But i have yet to play one. After the EyeHateGod release from my band i'm gonna go out for a few endorsements. At least try. Probably strings and guitars such as this...(i wonder if fernandes would endorse a metal band?)

• Members

yeah...the bass player in my band just recived his Les Paul style bass from them, I toyed around on it for about an hour and he has played it at our last four sessions. Very solid instrument, plays and sounds better than his "high end" Ibanez basses. very puchy and tight sounding bass...I recomend highly. I believe my band is going to be talking with them as well.

• Members

They contact just about any band with a MySpace page. They create the impression that their guitars are American-made, but if you read between the lines and start comparing their various models to other guitars coming out of Korea, the similarities are numerous. I suspect that they are like many builders, getting the bulk of their guitars from Cort or Samick and piecing together a few customs at their US distribution center.

I could be totally wrong, but if it sounds too good to be true...

• Members

Originally posted by Inazone

They contact just about any band with a MySpace page. They create the impression that their guitars are American-made, but if you read between the lines and start comparing their various models to other guitars coming out of Korea, the similarities are numerous. I suspect that they are like many builders, getting the bulk of their guitars from Cort or Samick and piecing together a few customs at their US distribution center.

I could be totally wrong, but if it sounds too good to be true...

That's what I was kind of wondering and I figured it was a marketing ploy but it's worth checking out. However if the equipment sucks I will not put my name on it period.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

man let me tell you one thing i went with the endorsement and those guitars of such pieces of {censored} !! i cant stress how much they suck i got the da-6 model and the bridge it comes with snaps strings like crazy i took it to a tech he sad that it was cutting into the strings causen them to break i would go threw like 5 packs of strings in a month and few other people i know that were endorsed had the same problem ..they also say that they will put you on there website that bull as well they tell you all those things just to buy there guitars the stock pickups are crap they feedback constantly the neck came in damaged and they wouldnt replace it when i called them they sed to take it up with the shipping company ..the bass'es are not bad but the guitars well that's another story

Archived