Need ADA MP-1 Help QUICK!!!

ncook

• Members

I have to play in about an hour and a half and I just noticed something and realized I dont know what I thought I knew. I turned up the MP-1 and when it got to about half way and a bit above it started dying out when I played, it also got a little muddy, then I turned it back cown to about a quarter and turned up the power amp instead and it sounded fine. Is this normal? I thought the pre amp should be jacked and the power amp lower. What gives?

PS- all my settings on this patch are pretty medium, nothing maxed out, the volume on the pre that I was adjusting is the knob itself.

• Members

Something is fishy, possibly a tube. If it behaves itself with the global volume knob down a bit, just use it that way for tonight.

Fire a quick post at adadepot.com, although the chance of getting a response in an hour is slim.

Then again, it could just be something unique between the ADA and the power amp. There are some quirks between mine and my Roland GP16 for sure.

• Members
Originally posted by ermghoti

Something is fishy, possibly a tube. If it behaves itself with the global volume knob down a bit, just use it that way for tonight.

Fire a quick post at adadepot.com, although the chance of getting a response in an hour is slim.

Then again, it could just be something unique between the ADA and the power amp. There are some quirks between mine and my Roland GP16 for sure.

Will do, thx

• Members
Originally posted by Voodoo Amps

From what you are describing it sounds like you may need to recap the tube board, it's a common problem on most MP-1's we see come into the shop for repair.

Hope it helps

Trace

Something I can do?

• Members

Something I can do?

I have no clue (ha, ha) in all seriousness, I honestly have no idea what level of skill or experience you have working on amps/preamps. The filter caps are tied to the B+ (IE: high voltage) so keep that in mind and you also have to remove the tube board from the preamp in order to recap it.

Hope it helps

Trace

Archived