--=< aeon's fairvoxmodel >=--

aeon

• Members

I recently programmed a synth sound that could be described as an interpretation of the original Fairlight "arr1," or "sararr" sample - the classic female "ahh" with breath noise.

The sound is entirely generated via physical modeling synthesis - no samples were used in its creation. The environment used was the DSP of the Korg OASYS PCI.

My sound has less breath noise, and more glottal grit - but as I said, it is meant to be an interpretation of the original, not an emulation.

I prepared a total of two samples, both at 44.1KHz, 16-bits depth, in mono. Both are pitched at C4. One is longer, to achieve a less-noticeable loop, whereas the other is purposefully shorter, with a clickless, but noticeable overall short-loop. This is to achieve some of the timbral charm of the original and its artifacts.

Aside from some gentle compression, no effects processing was used in the creation of these samples. They are absolutely dry and raw.

Download them here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/234812391/aeon_fairvoxmodel.zip

The files within the .zip are looped AIFFs.

You will need to assign the sample to a keymap and assign filter and amplitude envelopes so they play as you want them to.

I hope you enjoy this sample and can put it to good use in your music.

cheers,

Ian

• Members

Very impressive :cool:

Its a shame more people havent embraced the power of the Oasys PCI (yeah, I know it isnt supported in recent o/s versions). A very deep and complex synth with superb capabilities as demonstrated.

Good work Aeon! :thu:

Archived