So... uh. If I speed up my tracks... I can sound like Ed D?

acousticvoodoo

• Members
Originally posted by acousticvoodoo

Is that all it takes?

Hmmm.

What about that "tasty" note selection thing?

Any idea how to speed up my ability to do that?

:confused:

Damn.

There's ALWAYS a catch isn't there.

michael

Likely...it's always one thing or another. A few month ago it was the guy that "had gotten me" when I recorded I Joe Pass bit, that I called Badpass and some dude claimed I just posted the Pass thing. Nevermind that the origianl was done on an archtop and I played it on nylon string. Go figure...

• Members

Seriously the funny thing about this whole nonsense is that I always have said the second I can figure a way to speed up stuff and it sound the same as my regular stuff I will having everything twice as fast. But so far...no luck. But I'm working on it. ANd yes I'm serious.

• Members
Originally posted by Ed DeGenaro

Other than the vibrato sounding like a nanny goat it's actually really cool.

Now if you can do this with two mcs without the phase going to hell I'll hire you.

A nanny goat?:o

Oh man, I'm never playing again.:o

It was done with a PODxt:o

Maybe I can start playing the spoons or something:(

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

A nanny goat?
:o

Oh man, I'm never playing again.
:o

It was done with a PODxt:o

Maybe I can start playing the spoons or something:(

It's alright.:)

Somedays I can pull off the cool vibrato that everyone likes, and somedays It just sounds like a nanny goat:o

I can't help with phasing issues. There are some good tips out there to help with getting really close, but if you're using 2 different mics i would think that there would always be some cancellation.

• Members
Originally posted by -=MYK=-

It's alright.
:)

Somedays I can pull off the cool vibrato that everyone likes, and somedays It just sounds like a nanny goat:o

I can't help with phasing issues. There are some good tips out there to help with getting really close, but if you're using 2 different mics i would think that there would always be some cancellation.

Mikey, that was a darn good compliment you just got bro. When I spoke with Ed he explained he is just looking for something different and interesting and I think you provided that.

Keep it up man, you have some potential happening there.

• Members

OK...

Thought I'd give it a try...

Here's the new and improved "Ed D" version of my most recent jam post:

Someday I Might Play Fast

Still sounds like me... only "shreddier"!

BTW... didn't George Martin confess once that he speeded up some of the early Beatles recordings to get the vocal parts a bit higher and tighter?

:p

michael

• Members

OK...

BTW... didn't George Martin confess once that he speeded up some of the early Beatles recordings to get the vocal parts a bit higher and tighter?

michael

That was pretty cool:):thu::)

• Members

Originally posted by Digital Jams

Mikey, that was a darn good compliment you just got bro. When I spoke with Ed he explained he is just looking for something different and interesting and I think you provided that.

Keep it up man, you have some potential happening there.

Yeah, the potential to flip burgers at McDonalds, haha!

• Members

OK...

michael

Fast notes sounded killer. The heldd notes sounded weird though. How did you keep the stuff in time to the backing? Just sped it up doubletempo?

Carlton did some half speed stuff on Room 335 that then played back an octave up.
And I think the original Charlie Parker Goes Heavy metal on the Ulf CD is half speed as well.
Since some of the notes are like on the 17 th fret of the high e-string.

• Members

I use ACID as my "final production" on my takes.

If you take a version of the "mixed track" including the backing and then add it as a new "loop"... you can use the tempo control to speed it up. I moved it from about 120 bpm to 150bpm...

Instant shred and backing!

I agree... the "held" notes sounded really weird, and of course the whole song got "shrunk" by about 20% in time... :D

Still not quite "Ed" level... but faster than I can usually play with my own fingers!

michael

Archived