Sweet amps Ive heard lately.

zadiqof

• Members

Saw a band last night, guitarist was using an Explorer, a Bogner Shiva, and a 2x12, sounded effing sweet. Their bass player had a Rickenbacker bass, Ampeg V4, and a 6x10, sounded effing sweeet.

I retubed my Matchless Chieftain, played it through my Orange 2x12, sounds effing sweet (the overdrive is amazing now).

This concludes my shoutout to sweet amps.

• Members

The Shiva I played was definitely one sweet sounding machine! Awesome clean, awesome rockcrunchold school metal type of tones and the lead tone was fat and juicy. I would like a little more gain on tap or a slightly more aggresively voiced third channel but what is there is awesome! Best Bogner out there imho.

• Members

^

Yeah the Shiva is sweet BECAUSE of the simplicity imho. Of all the amps I have now I've had the Shiva the longest. Mainly because it's just a basic, nice sounding, two channel amp with two very usable channels. The clean is very nice, no explanation needed with that one. But the distortion channel is a little more complex sometimes. I usually leave the gain around noon and boost it with an OD pedal or compressor (thanks to Bobbtoz, I had never used the compressor to boost this channel until I read a few posts hyping it up) and that will take it to heavy riffery land. Between rolling back the volume knob to clean up channel two, and slamming it with od or compressor I could just about get by with only channel two. You can also dial in the distortion channel for a bit heavier sound with the gain on 2-3 with or without the boost engaged (although that is not where the Shiva shines for rhythm stuff imo) and use the volume knob for dynamics. The Shiva is very responsive, I guess that is also one of the things I like quite a bit about the amp.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack with my rambling......carry on. ;)

(edit to give proper credit for boost with compressor suggestion)

• Members
Originally posted by rambleon223

^

Yeah the Shiva is sweet BECAUSE of the simplicity imho. Of all the amps I have now I've had the Shiva the longest. Mainly because it's just a basic, nice sounding, two channel amp with two very usable channels. The clean is very nice, no explanation needed with that one. But the distortion channel is a little more complex sometimes. I usually leave the gain around noon and boost it with an OD pedal or compressor (thanks to Batotman, I had never used the compressor to boost this channel until I read a few posts hyping it up) and that will take it to heavy riffery land. Between rolling back the volume knob to clean up channel two, and slamming it with od or compressor I could just about get by with only channel two. You can also dial in the distortion channel for a bit heavier sound with the gain on 2-3 with or without the boost engaged (although that is not where the Shiva shines for rhythm stuff imo) and use the volume knob for dynamics. The Shiva is very responsive, I guess that is also one of the things I like quite a bit about the amp.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack with my rambling......carry on.
;)

I figured with a boost it would do very well.

Archived