Powerball version 1 or version 2?

Chrisjd

• Members

Hello, i found someone who is selling The engl powerball for $1500 brand new, however, it is the version 1. can someone please inform me as to what the differences between the two are? I am a current owner of a peavey 5150 II, and i am looking for another amp that sounds AT LEAST as brutal as that. i have heard good things about this amp, and my favorite band, chimaira, are using it. i want balls out distortion with that really mean tight roar and bark. should i spend this much on the version 1, or spend the extra money on a version 2?

thanks a lot guys.

• Members

Originally posted by Ben J

Yeah searching with the word "V2" will not work because a word in a seach must contain at least 3 characters. Here you go, though. There are several threads about powerball V1/V2 in the link:

Um yes you can. Use "V2*" * will be a wildcard.

• Members

Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

Improved noise gate and different sweep value on one of the lead channel pots I think.......

From Engl's site:

UPDATED ENGL E 645 Powerball Head

We would like to announce some improvements and small changes on the Powerball head. They were done as a result of constant R&D for our products to give the amps improvements to preserve their tone.

First, ENGL developed a new smarter Noise Gate which reacts faster and takes care of the needs of modern Rock Guitar playing.

In conjunction secondly, the gain structure was fine tuned between the high gain channels to make it more robust against feedback issues.

And third, the Treble Control in the Lead Channel was altered from linear to logarithmic curve.

So what does this actually mean for the player?

The successful Powerball sound will remain, you have even the chance to bring out the midrange more, if desired. Just decrease the amount of treble in the Lead Channel and you

• Members

Originally posted by Ben J

Oh, is that what that's for? Excuse me while I figger out this new fangled Intar-net thing a little bit more...

A wild card. Say I wrote Powerball V2s. It would find that V2 even though there is an "s" after it. It basically searches for any character after that. You can use it before as well in case someone writes like powerballv2. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Chrisjd

Hello, i found someone who is selling The engl powerball for $1500 brand new, however, it is the version 1. can someone please inform me as to what the differences between the two are? I am a current owner of a peavey 5150 II, and i am looking for another amp that sounds AT LEAST as brutal as that. i have heard good things about this amp, and my favorite band, chimaira, are using it. i want balls out distortion with that really mean tight roar and bark. should i spend this much on the version 1, or spend the extra money on a version 2?

thanks a lot guys.

PM DerekB , he'll tell you. Find him in the HC member section.

Archived