relva2

• Members

I have been looking at cabinets to find a 2x12 that would both sound good and look good. I took a look at the Avatar site just now to finally see what they were about, and found that a 2x12 with a G12H & V30 would run me around $330! thats a great deal and well within my price range, especially if these things are as great as they look.

fellow forumites, right after christmas i will be buying either a guitar, cabinet, or amp, and right now the avatar looks really affordable--tell me, are they indeed that good?

• Members

i have an avatar 212, and an avatar 412. Of the 2 the 212 has become my main live cab. I use it next to my other guitarist's 1960 and it just sound better. Many people agree. I really like the portability of the 212 also, its great for stacking a ton of gear into a small vehicle, and it doesnt break the back, i can move mine with one hand. I think i'll be getting another one soon to use 2 amps with.

I say its cheap, so why not pick one up. I got mine for i think $200 with one speaker, and put another in (both used) and its probably one of the best purchases i've made.

• Members

I have an Avatar 2x12 closed-back with V30's and it sounds great. It's built well, it's light (47 lbs) for it's size, and looks good. With my F-100, the Avatar adds a lot of deep tight bass and sweet mids to my amps tone, and I've never had a problem with high volume. It just gets better the more volume you give the cab.

hal9000sRig.jpg

I also use the cab in my backup rig with great results (see my sig).

• Members
Originally posted by hal9000

I have an Avatar 2x12 closed-back with V30's and it sounds great. It's built well, it's light (47 lbs) for it's size, and looks good. With my F-100, the Avatar adds a lot of deep tight bass and sweet mids to my amps tone, and I've never had a problem with high volume. It just gets better the more volume you give the cab.

hal9000sRig.jpg

I also use the cab in my backup rig with great results (see my sig).

Nice rig! I have an F50. These amps sound good with a 212.

• Members

Originally posted by e4c4ever

Nice rig! I have an F50. These amps sound good with a 212.

Thanks! The combo's 3/4-tuned back and the closed-back Avatar sound awesome together.

You're selling the F-50? What are you getting instead?

Check out the F-series lounge in my signature if you haven't already.

• Members

I'm considering getting Avatar exclusively for all my amp heads. I like the new one modled after the marshall bluesbreaker I believe. This one is higher as are the colored ones------red, green etc. I'm like does this defeat the purpose when I could get the regular production 2x12 which comes with V30s for about 289. Then you take advantage of the great prices and you still get V30s of Hallatones etc.

• Members

another problem I'm having is I'd really like to switch to 2x12 cabs but my heads JCM800 and Avatar are both 100 watt heads. This means I've got to get V30 or higher wattage. The 4x12 just are not as sharp looking as the 2x12. If you get two 2x12 cabs with 25 watt greenbacks in both or one with greenbacks and the other with 30 watters will that work or will the fact that each cab is under 100 watts make them vulnerable of blowing a speaker.

• Members

Originally posted by hal9000

Thanks! The combo's 3/4-tuned back and the closed-back Avatar sound awesome together.

You're selling the F-50? What are you getting instead?

Check out the F-series lounge in my signature if you haven't already.

I love the F50! But I want a Marshall JCM 800.

I may keep it and jus tbuy the amp anyway.

• Members

the jcm 800 is very nice, i was considering it as an addition, but i don't know if i can justify it as i have an orange as well. i think the marshall and the mesa would compliment each other nicely, especially if you ran dual amps.

my plan is definately the avatar 2x12 with the v30 & g12h30.

• Members

The F series are great amps!

Sadly, I must part with this amp:

F-50 combo 1x12

I am looking for a Marshall JCM800

If anyone is interested, let me know.
The amp is like new with about a year in age.
Warrenty available! New tubes, JJtubes!

Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by relva2

the jcm 800 is very nice, i was considering it as an addition, but i don't know if i can justify it as i have an orange as well. i think the marshall and the mesa would compliment each other nicely, especially if you ran dual amps.

my plan is definately the avatar 2x12 with the v30 & g12h30.

Yeah that would be a great combination!

• Members

Originally posted by keith335

another problem I'm having is I'd really like to switch to 2x12 cabs but my heads JCM800 and Avatar are both 100 watt heads. This means I've got to get V30 or higher wattage. The 4x12 just are not as sharp looking as the 2x12. If you get two 2x12 cabs with 25 watt greenbacks in both or one with greenbacks and the other with 30 watters will that work or will the fact that each cab is under 100 watts make them vulnerable of blowing a speaker.

Well, for what it's worth Emi speakers often have ridiculous wattage ratings, if you like Emi (I do...lots). I have a 2x12 loaded with (75 watt) Wizards, and I had a chance to go full bore into them with my 100 watt Carvin X100b...no problems! That head can apparently do 250 watts peak, as well, which puts it pretty close to the line for those speakers.

Archived