Video tour of Tremonti's Rig

h2oman

• Members

Seems like a pretty decent guy. It seemed odd though that he had all the low end blasting out of his amps but on the EQ curve on the EQ thing the lows were all cut. Oh well, they're his amps and he can play w/ them how he wants to I guess...he did say "thunderous metal tone" after all!

• Members

Re: the ToneKing Meteor: "It's a boutique amp but it's not very durable."

You'd think the opposite would be true, that a PTP amp would hold up better and be more easily serviced on the road vs. a PCB Fender.

Three wah pedals across the front of the stage .... hope Hammett doesn't see this and get any ideas LOL!

• Members

Originally posted by godofmetalguita

he must like bass lol. Bass on 10, highs and mids down, and he has a 215 cab...i would HATE that.

He probably just likes to feel it coming out of his amps. They don't even mic all those damn cabs up, so obviously, something is amiss. You know that the sound guy has to cut that out if that EQ isn't really just cutting it.

• Members

Thanks a lot of the link man... He does seem like a great guy, I always got that vibe.

This did answer one thing for me though, I always thought his distorted tone was a little odd and I just thought he was always going for something a bit different... But noticing no mics on the 4x12s and then him saying that he DIs everything, that makes a LOT of sense.

• Members

its funny that he uses no mics. Has anyone ever taken the line out of their recto? It sounds like there is no bass, thats probably what he gets his bass response from now that i think about it, since the mains probably have none. There's probably enough there to make up for the lack of bass in the mains.

• Members
Originally posted by AcidRock23

Seems like a pretty decent guy. It seemed odd though that he had all the low end blasting out of his amps but on the EQ curve on the EQ thing the lows were all cut. Oh well, they're his amps and he can play w/ them how he wants to I guess...he did say "thunderous metal tone" after all!

I think that's the EQ for his monitors... maybe the tech had a problem with him blowing them out too much.... :D I hear ya though, did seem odd, but I've run across a lot of that in bigger rigs, things just didn't work like I thought.

• Members

ive always liked Tremonti...he could play, he wrote some decent riffs, and always seemed like a nice guy...

it was Stapp i hated...for the "jesus" pose (that he obviously stole from Soundgarden! hehe) and the stupid "im better than you" attitude.

i liked Creeds first album..it had some awesome stuff on it...the 2nd album had some good stuff, and some crap (with arms wide open...) and i couldnt be bothered to hear Weathered...i heard Bullets and the riffs were good, but the other singles that were on there just made me hate it even more...

still havent listened to any Alter Bridge though...but its gotta be better than Stapp trying to keep Creed alive...cuz thats what Stapp sounds like. Tremonti is playing a lot more solos now, so good for him...he needs to put that into the music IMO.

i still dont like his tone though...:) and i dont own any albums with Tremonti/Stapp or whoever...so yea. :) wish i had broadband though...id love to watch the vids...

• Members
Originally posted by godofmetalguita

he must like bass lol. Bass on 10, highs and mids down, and he has a 215 cab...i would HATE that.

He's probably just used to it by now. You know Creed was minus Brian Marshall on the Weathered album, so i guess all that beefed it up to fill the void.

.......or he's like me; the more gear around, the more inspiring :thu:

Archived