Diezel Einstein in da house ... (thank you Olaf)

P90DSL

• Members

so I took my Marshall DSL100 over to Olaf house(1,5 hour drive) to see what the problem was with its preamp(almost no preamp gain on the red channel). It turned out that everything was alright at Olaf's house so we suggested that probably the reverb tank was causing this problem, cause when I brought it over to his house I had taken it out of its chasis and left the tank at home(and it tourned out that way)

So Olaf was so nice to to give me his Diezel Einstein over the xmas holydays and new year to check it out. So I went home thinking that this could cause an exstreem gas attack even that I have never played a Diezel before. I brought it to my house put it ontop of my 18 year old Kitty Hawk 4x12 cab with Celestion G12M70's in it. Fist thing I noticed was that the rubber feet that the Einstein has are very good. The amp doesn't move one bit ontop of my cab. I hooked it up to 8 ohms ... turned it on ... and new from the first note on that I'm in love ...

WOW !!!

... what a diffrence ... it is tight, it sings from the first note on ... I didn't bother much with the eq becouse Olaf had 'em dialed in gain on 4, eq everything around 12 o'clock ... my cab sounds so sweet now and it fits perfect with my P90's ...

Thank you Olaf ... :thu::):mad:

Here is a pic form my house ...

• Members

Originally posted by P90DSL

sI hooked it up to 8 ohms ... turned it on ... and new from the first note on that I'm in love ...

I told you it's a trick, now you'll have to buy one! :D;)

It worked on me, too. :(;):)

Olaf has to be the most helpful person you'll ever meet btw.!

• Members

Originally posted by Knut E Evenmo

Olaf is a class act
:)
I`m glad there was no biggie with the DSL, enjoy the Diezel. I`d really like to try one out myself, the Einstein seems like a great amp
:)

Thanks man ... I guess when I change the reverb tank I have the problem fixed ... the Einstein is defently a great amp ... and my cab sounds so sweet now ... I always thought I might have to get a new cab with my DSL ... now it seems that I might have to get a new amp ... and the stays defently ...

• Members

Originally posted by inferno79

I told you it's a trick, now you'll have to buy one!
:D;)
It worked on me, too.
:(;):)

Olaf has to be the most helpful person you'll ever meet btw.!

Yup ... Olaf told me that you had it at your house ... so we are talking about the same amp ... how did you like it?

• Members

It's not exactly the same amp anymore. When I had it here, it was really *just* a prototype without a headshell and some differences in the circuit. (Olaf has updated it to the production model specs since then.)

Still I liked it more than enough to pester Peter until he sold me the Musikmesse amp. :D The production model sounds even better than the early prototype IMO.

• Members

Originally posted by inferno79

It's not exactly the same amp anymore. When I had it here, it was really *just* a prototype without a headshell and some differences in the circuit. (Olaf has updated it to the production model specs since then.)

Still I liked it more than enough to pester Peter until he sold me the Musikmesse amp.
:D
The production model sounds even better than the early prototype IMO.

Does that meen you have an Einstein? You are in FFM right. He was born there in 64 ... right now I only live 1/2 hour away from that ... :thu:

• Members

Hi Olaf ... how you're doing in France?

I think the problem with my DSL is the reverb tank ... still to have to mesure the size of that thing out ... probably do that tonight ...

hell your Einstein gets some play at my house ... I love that tone and it sounds with my cab just fine ... wow

:thu:

• Members

Sounds great, too bad the pic isn't any bigger. Can you get us any clips?

I'm looking at an Einstein at the moment too, I'll see if I'll order one in a week... probably will!

Does anybody know what's the difference between the two types of Einstein cabs? What are the custom speakers like? Compared to Vin30s?

Cheers!

• Members

Originally posted by Johtosotku

Sounds great, too bad the pic isn't any bigger. Can you get us any clips?

I'm looking at an Einstein at the moment too, I'll see if I'll order one in a week... probably will!

Does anybody know what's the difference between the two types of Einstein cabs? What are the custom speakers like? Compared to Vin30s?

Cheers!

For clips and more info look here ... you can also look at Olaf's(Duesentriebs) HP ...

http://www.diezelamplification.com

• 2 weeks later...

Archived