Bob Savage

Chad-Chicago

• Members

Originally posted by Chad-Chicago

Hey bro, just wanna say thanks for recommending the beta 57a. I scored 2 off of fleabay for $200.00 and I {censored}ing LOVE them on my snare.

Thanks again Bob!

Peace.

Chad

Awesome! It's WAY better on snare than the regular 57, eh? IMO, it's not even comparable, unless you like the top end chopped on the snare. The crispness the beta 57 brings to the snare is very sweet.

• Members

Hey bro, just wanna say thanks for recommending the beta 57a. I scored 2 off of fleabay for $200.00 and I {censored}ing LOVE them on my snare.

Thanks again Bob!

Peace.

Chad

Awesome! It's WAY better on snare than the regular 57, eh? IMO, it's not even comparable, unless you like the top end chopped on the snare. The crispness the beta 57 brings to the snare is very sweet.

• Members

I think I like my i5 on the top side snare better so I use the 57a on the bottom side.

But for vox it rocks. It has a nice tight pattern and rejects feed back really well. That has been a problem at rehersal. My basement has 8' ceiling and is 20x24.

Have not tried it on guitar cabs yet.

I think the sm57 has more proximity effect, but sounds like there is a towel over it compared to the 57a.

• Members

I think I like my i5 on the top side snare better so I use the 57a on the bottom side.

But for vox it rocks. It has a nice tight pattern and rejects feed back really well. That has been a problem at rehersal. My basement has 8' ceiling and is 20x24.

Have not tried it on guitar cabs yet.

I think the sm57 has more proximity effect, but sounds like there is a towel over it compared to the 57a.

Speaking of which, would you post another pic of that rehearsal studio? That thing just rules.

Archived