Check Out My Home Made Cabinet

Strat man 69

• Members

Originally posted by rog951

You really did a great job on those cabs. How do you join the cab sides? Did you round over the joints with a router?

Thanks. I wanted to use a dovetail joint on the corners but I did not have a sharp enough router bit. The one I have is dull. The glue in plywood eats them up. I use a Porter Cable dovetail jig. I thought I will try something different. I used a rabbit joint and Miller Dowels. Here is the web site for the video of how to use them.

http://www.millerdowel.com/usingMD/viewdemo.html

It worked out great. Cut off the end of the dowels, sand and then I used a round over router bit for the edges. The dowels are very strong.

• Members

Originally posted by Strat man 69

Thanks John, I used Baltic Birch plywood. 3/4 for the sides and 1/2 for the speaker baffle and the back. I am in the process of making anotherone. It is a fun project.

Can't beat the Baltic birch....

John

• Members
Originally posted by killshot

shiit John - you're from my town and I've not seen anyone playing out your cabs yet!?!? I'd love to try one some day soon.

Yeah....born-n-raised !! Feel free to contact me through stoneagecustomcabinets@yahoo.com and you can stop by for a listen/look. I don't make the rounds to the clubs like I used to....sales are typically through my website.
Thanks...
John
www.stoneagecustomcabinets.com

BTW..stratman, your cabs look great !!

• Members
Originally posted by 62sg

Yeah....born-n-raised !! Feel free to contact me through
stoneagecustomcabinets@yahoo.com
and you can stop by for a listen/look. I don't make the rounds to the clubs like I used to....sales are typically through my website.

Thanks...

John

www.stoneagecustomcabinets.com

BTW..stratman, your cabs look great !!

Thanks

Archived