Any Valve King 112 owners?

johng

• Members

I borrowed one a few days ago and I was expecting more power. Two 6L6's should be good for 40 watts but this thing isn't as loud as my Galaxy 25 when cranked. It is a very low noise amp and sounds nice it's just that I was expecting to move more air when pushed. The clean channel in particular seems very soft, power wise. Has anyone else noticed this or is it maybe just this amp? I tried other cabs so I don't think it's the Valve King speaker.

Thanks, John..

• Members

I've got one and it gets loud enough for me. The clean seems a little less powerful than the Classic 30s I've played in the past, but the lead gets loud pretty quick. For 'bedroom practice', I don't put the lead volume past 2. Clean is usually around 3.

When I've played in a jam setting, I havent had to go past 5 on the lead.

All in all, its easily loud enough for what I use it for, but I can see where you're coming from- especially on the volume of the cleans.

• Members

Maybe this is just the way the amp behaves then because the lead channel can blow you out of the room but the clean channel is kind of subdued. I might try some different 12AX7s bbecause I really hate chinese ones.
Thanks, John...

Archived