HELP: Ubershall FX Loop Problem

LooP68

• Members

Hi

I just got my Uberschall (green light) - i believe its the old one. It soubnds absolutely gorgeous but when i tried plugging my EQ pedal in through the loop some strage {censored} happened. First i tried it and the volume seemed to drop off a ton and the signal became weak. I tried all the connections and the power supply and it was all fine, i tried it through my Recto's loop and it was fine.

Then i tried a bunch of differnt patch cables, and with all the other cables, this signal became really farty and clippy yet still the same volume, you know what i mean? Like a huge loss in clarity with fart sounds... Now ive tried using 2 planet waves cables to go through the loop, and even then it acts like that..

Any suggestions.. I dont really want to pay to ship the Bog back to california all the way from the UK...

• Members

Is it necessary to get the exact same manufacturer for the v5 slot as for the others?

If not - which tube would you recommend?

Also can anyone provide a diagram of the preamp tube layout for the Bogner, because all i know is theres a {censored}load fo them, and i dont know whihc ones which.

Thanks

• Members

If the tubes don't fix it, it may be your channel volume and master volume settings. I don't use my loop, but from what I remember when I tried it I found it really hard to get the levels matched with the loop on vs. off. The loop on the old Uber's is pretty touchy. Good luck.

• Members

Originally posted by LooP68

Hi

I just got my Uberschall (green light) - i believe its the old one. It soubnds absolutely gorgeous but when i tried plugging my EQ pedal in through the loop some strage {censored} happened. First i tried it and the volume seemed to drop off a ton and the signal became weak. I tried all the connections and the power supply and it was all fine, i tried it through my Recto's loop and it was fine.

Then i tried a bunch of differnt patch cables, and with all the other cables, this signal became really farty and clippy yet still the same volume, you know what i mean? Like a huge loss in clarity with fart sounds... Now ive tried using 2 planet waves cables to go through the loop, and even then it acts like that..

Any suggestions.. I dont really want to pay to ship the Bog back to california all the way from the UK...

That's definitely not normal, when I had a Revision 2 Uberschall the loop would not drop volume or affect the clarity or degrade the tone.

Call Bogner, they will help point you in the right direction with troubleshooting.

If it's something an amp tech needs to address, they may be able to give specific instructions to a reputable amp tech in your local area to perform the repair.

• Members

I had that problem with mine too, it was the channel volume beeing too high. Even when lowered below 9 o`clock, it was degrading my tone. Better but still, it sucked the tone. The Uber`s loop is optimized for rack gear, so pedals sound crappy through it.

In the end i sold it and bought a Cobra. Couldn`t be happier:)

Chris

Archived