CLIP: Savage 120-dual mic'd & Tracked

Kyle DiSanto

• Members

I decided to redo the heavy parts to the clip I posted last night. I have been screwing around with the mic mixes and Im not happy right now but I wanted to post what I have so far. I want to dial in more of my 57 but then the track clips like madd so I am going to come back later with some fresh ears to see whats up. ANyway enjoy.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=421496

First one on the page...with the pic.

EDIT: The clip is now better than what I described above however I still am not "there" for the tone I want. I think less gain next time :idea::thu:

• Members

Thanks for listening guys! I have still yet to find "MY Ideal" sound with the savage. There are just too many sounds to choose FROM!!!

Jackson Usa King V---emg81---Isp Decimator---Savage120--mesa trad 4x12.

There is a betta 58 on one speaker and an SM57 on annother.

Both Lead channel. The left side has more bass/less mids. The right is more mids less bass.

Settings (all in oclock)

Gain: 3
Lead Gain: 3.45
Bass: 2 (on right) 3:30 (on left)
Mids: 5 (on right) 2 (on left)
Treb: 1
Lead Volume: 12:30
Master: 8:45
Pres: 12:30

I definitly need to start with the Drumming!! I have a drum machine over here but I hate programing drums. Ill start recording the guitars and stuff to a click and maybee I can get someone to add some drummage or ill just spend the time finally to do it lol!
thanks again for listening,
PEACE

• Members

Originally posted by Eternal_idol

hmmm

i like it with the contour out..

sickeningly heavy man..

good job

Brae

Thanks Man! The countour out is really the way to go IMO. With the contour it..it sounds thinner and IMO you loose the cool mids that make a guitar sing and grind/stand out.

This amp has so many sounds that I have just begun {censored}ing around the "in between" tones more and damn I love "crunch 1" It has this vintage sound to it that I can't really describe maybee A vox? i duno Dont wanna get flamed but it doesnt sound very High Gainish...which is awsome. Maybee Ill do more clips later...

PEACE

Archived