I tried out a powerball today, hated it

mloker

• Members

I am looking to get a good clean blues, jazz sound

It sounded really shrill and muddy; I ended up going with a fender pro junior for a fraction of the price, it has awesome cleans ad smooth buttery overdrive and a compact size, almost just as loud as the powerball too fenders are always a great value for the money, this is my 2nd fender amp now:)

• Members

OH DUDE!!!!!

I just went to a BBKing concert last nite, he was playing through 8 warhead amps, and 16 randall 4 x 12 cabs and 8 randall 2 x 15 cabs it was the best jazz tone I have ever heard in my life. His clean tone was sooooo chimey.

But then this afternoon I went to GC and played some blues with my trusty old strat on a randall warhead and its clean tone sucked!!!! WTF!!!

• Members
BOOGIE666 ,

OH DUDE!!!!!

I just went to a BBKing concert last nite, he was playing through 8 warhead amps, and 16 randall 4 x 12 cabs and 8 randall 2 x 15 cabs it was the best jazz tone I have ever heard in my life. His clean tone was sooooo chimey.

But then this afternoon I went to GC and played some blues with my trusty old strat on a randall warhead and its clean tone sucked!!!! WTF!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You beat me to it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by mloker

I am looking to get a good clean blues, jazz sound

It sounded really shrill and muddy;

To get the full potential you should've played an ES335 or ES175, thru that PB.

bwahahahahaha........................................

• Members

Originally posted by MesaClint

If you are looking for a super clean amp for jazz and blues that can whip ass too. Check out the Mesa Lonestar Special, you won't find a better amp.

i like the f-50 a lot:)

Archived