My New Beast! *PICS*

Chrisjd

• Members

Say hi to my new Engl Powerball, this thing rips to say the least. i bought it used from DCFMETAL&ROCK yesterday. I would not say it is better than my 5150 II, but it definetely has some characteristics that are better and vice versa. Sorry for the blurry pics, my camera is low on batteries.

d41c5361.jpg

296d89ff.jpg

244f3e9e.jpg

• Members

H-1000 = :thu:

You got a chimaira setup going minus the floyd equiped guitars :idea:

I should of grabbed a pic of Rob's rig, but I do remember he had almost all the knobs on his powerball set to around 2 o'clock which I thought was rather interesting. Also had a BBE 482 with the Lo on 9 O'clock and the process maxed.

• Members

Originally posted by xMadiMx

H-1000 =
:thu:

You got a chimaira setup going minus the floyd equiped guitars
:idea:

I should of grabbed a pic of Rob's rig, but I do remember he had almost all the knobs on his powerball set to around 2 o'clock which I thought was rather interesting. Also had a BBE 482 with the Lo on 9 O'clock and the process maxed.

Its no coincidence, i love chimaira! Plus i know the guys.

• Members

Originally posted by danbronson

nice amps. how can you stand owning three guitars that look (and probably sound) almost identical? at least one's a seven string...

For bands that gig alot, imo, it sounds like a great idea!

• Members

Originally posted by Drago

For bands that gig alot, imo, it sounds like a great idea!

i can understand having guitars that sound similar, because you wouldn't want to break a string and then have to change your settings around live just to make the next guitar sound right.

but honestly, three black guitars with the same body shape and abalone bindings? that's a little weird to me. oh well...

• Members

Originally posted by danbronson

i can understand having guitars that sound similar, because you wouldn't want to break a string and then have to change your settings around live just to make the next guitar sound right.

but honestly, three black guitars with the same body shape and abalone bindings? that's a little weird to me. oh well...

Actually 2 have abalone bindings, one has a creme binding. I got the 6 string schecter first, and then wanted a baritone 7 string, and the shecter blackjack was the best that i could find, and that was the only color too. i then stumbled upon the esp h-1000 for a STEAL ($400). i wish one or two of them had a quilted top, but maybe next time.

• Members

Originally posted by Daniel Kamerman

How would you compare the ENGL and the 5150 II?

I have a 5150 II and was looking at some ENGL's

Good question. the Engl is perhaps "bigger" sounding. it has a little more "oooommmpphh" with the depth mode it has on it. both have that beautiful swirling distortion that i love. i MUST NOTE THAT THE POWERBALL DOES NOT SOUND HEAVIER THAN THE 5150 II BY ANY MEANS. the 5150 II has a tad more tube sound perhaps, and has that bite that is hard to match, even by the powerball. The powerball is darker and tighter sounding, the 5150 II is brighter, crisper, grainier sounding. Finally, the powerball may have a LITTLE more saturation. and the clean on the powerball is for sure better.

Archived