SPAM: mid 70's Fender Bassman 100...modded

Caroway

• Members

I have a mid '70s Fender Bassman 100 head for sale. It sounds great, but I just got an el84 based amp, and that is definately the sound I was after. So I am gonna sell this Bassman 100 head.

It has a mod on it that is basically a boost switch that gives it more gain. This switch can only be used on the Normal (guitar) input. With the inputs bridged and the boost on this thing sounds thick. Social Distortion type sound all the way. Or at least thats what I'd compare it too. Its super loud running at 100 watts so I ran it at 50 to give it some more break up. Great clean amp and take pedals really well. The boost switch doesn't affect the sound of the amp unless its switched on.

$350 shipped with new tubes. Paypal is ok. MO is too. I have 5 or 6 things on HC and I have perfect Ebay feedback (jhydez71 )

Pics below. PM me with any questions.

:wave:

bassman001.jpg

bassman002.jpg

bassman003.jpg

bassman004.jpg

Boost mod mini-toggle switch

Mod-switch.jpg

bassman006.jpg

• Members

Without a boost pedal with the 'boost' switch off and gain maxed it is lower gain. Lots of Headroom when ran @ 100 watts.

Without a boost pedal w/ the 'boost' switch on it has thick medium gain. A lot like Social Distortion IMO.

Its a really good clean amp and sounds great with pedals. Its a good amp for cleans & then build around with pedals.

• Members

Bump....

Go here for some pics.....

http://photobucket.com/albums/b202/CarowayisOK/Bassman/

I have the back panel and will put it back on when I ship it.

There is a pic of the mini toggle for the boost mod. There aren't any extra tubes involved with the mod. I don't have any info on the mod, but it sounds great with or without it on.

• Members

Originally posted by dotlikeimpact

what's the impedance on the speaker outs? at 100watts, will it stay stupid clean at stupid loud volumes?

The impedance is 4

bassman013.jpg

It will stay stupid clean at stupid loud volumes.

Archived