Help me find my perfect amp

ReighIB

• Members

Ok i went amp hunting today and tried peavey 5150, Hughes and kettner tri amp mkII, genz benz el diablo, and mesa dual rectifier. They all had their ups and downs but if i find a amp that has a combination of those amp's voicing, it would be my dream amp. So, my question is: is there a amp close to having a clean of a Hughes and kettner triamp mkII, rythm of a lead channel on the mesa dual rectifier, and a lead of a lead channel on the 5150?

Sorry if this sounds rediculous but im desperate for an amp right now. thank you.

• Members

or call James Peters, and tell him to build you a custom tripple channel amp, cloning the preamps of those 3 amps and pay out the ass for it

or buy an H&K puretone for 650, 5150 head for 600, and single rectifier for 850 all used and switch between them with a head switcher for only a low price of...

2200 bucks!

• Members
Originally posted by Rockys Mob

or call James Peters, and tell him to build you a custom tripple channel amp, cloning the preamps of those 3 amps and pay out the ass for it

That is indeed true. If someone were to convince me to make a true 3 separate preamp/channel head, and cloning others designs in the process, they would have to pay a ton of money. More than you can imagine. I won't do either of those things.

However, my current amp line is very versatile, very reasonably priced, and original. :D

Archived