Thoughts on Line 6 Spider II 212 Combo

fourthave_cafe

• Members

Originally posted by fourthave_cafe

I'm looking to upgrade my starter amp, and my teacher recommended the spider. So far I have heard mixed things about it, some like it some don't.

What do you guys think?

In short, NO! noonoononononononononON!O!NO!N!ON!ONO!NO!Nononono

and no...

I'm sure reasons will follow. But what style of music and how much do you have to spend so where we can see where we are going.

• Members
Originally posted by HypnoToad

:(

I like it, call me crazy, nuts, insane or whatever, but I like it
:)

I can throw up some clips if you want.

Your not crazy, I've thought about it and kind of want one (cheap). But eh, its to have and its not really for everyone.

• Members

I have one of those. Like it.
The higher gain models actually sound pretty damn close to tube if you back the gain knob down to 2 or 3. After that they get a little sizzly but sometimes i like that.
Clean tones are good..not great..but better than many of the SS combos out there and as good as or better than the MArshall dsl stuff I've played.

If you want to gig with it though it will require a pretty big chunk -o-$ forr the shortboard controller though a new controller (not sure of the name) can be had for $100. The new one will only let you change between the 4 amp bound presets the shortboard will get you a total 36 presets.

Still looking for a Butcher or VTM just because.

• Members

Originally posted by Kevman

I have one of those. Like it.

The higher gain models actually sound pretty damn close to tube if you back the gain knob down to 2 or 3. After that they get a little sizzly but sometimes i like that.

Clean tones are good..not great..but better than many of the SS combos out there and as good as or better than the MArshall dsl stuff I've played.

If you want to gig with it though it will require a pretty big chunk -o-$ forr the shortboard controller though a new controller (not sure of the name) can be had for $100. The new one will only let you change between the 4 amp bound presets the shortboard will get you a total 36 presets.

Still looking for a Butcher or VTM just because.

Yeah, it can sound fuzzy with too much gain, but if it

• Members

Thanks for all the replies :)

I really liked the clips, I will go play the amp at GC on Friday hopefully.

Hey, it sounds much better than my 15w Fender starter haha. If I like the Spider, maybe I should go for it. Guess I will find out when I play.

The only concern is with gigs. Will the sound break up at high volumes?

• Members
Originally posted by fourthave_cafe

Thanks for all the replies
:)

I really liked the clips, I will go play the amp at GC on Friday hopefully.

Hey, it sounds much better than my 15w Fender starter haha. If I like the Spider, maybe I should go for it. Guess I will find out when I play.

The only concern is with gigs. Will the sound break up at high volumes?

I personally like it better when cranked. Cleans are clean and sparkly when cranked and and sounds nice. I haven

Archived