VHT Deliverance allready gone up $?

keith2112

• Members
Originally posted by Brian Kahanek

I own both heads - and can tell you this.... I would pay VHT's street price before I paid Marshalls.

I don't think anyone here has disputed that. It's just a given that doesn't even need to be mentioned that quite a few Marshalls are ridiculously overpriced. Look at the JCM800 reissue. :eek:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by keith2112

I admire some of you for taking up for VHT. The amp seems like a killer amp. That is why at 1200 it was a no brainer I was getting one even just basing it on Brian's clips. But to jump from 1100 and some change to almost 1600 is pure rape. That is right up there with the oil companies. Halliburton must be making the Deliverance now. Some of you have also busted on Marshall. OK. I just got a JCM800 2203x brand new for $1100. I just go a brand new Soldano Avenger for $1250.

I'll still give the amp a listen but honestly I'm soooo pissed at this uncalled for price hike you probably couldn't give me one. Had they gone up to like 1299. OK I could see that. when they first came out you couldn't find one. All the dealers were like it is on the way. Suspose I'd have put money down or been saving for the darn thing then it gets here and it is almost 400 bucks more. I'll be giving Flexi 50, Rectoveb combo, Fuchs supreme overdrive, top hat, and even the CAE another look now. Heck if I have to spend 1600 to get the Deliverance might as well save 5 or 6 hundred more and get the Fuchs. Then I will say to the guys at VHT "Fuchs you, Fuchs you"

"Pure rape"--ok, this is what gets me. If you don't want to pay it, that's understandable. The bitterness going on about it is another thing. And we all know the Flexi, Deliverance, Rectoverb, Avenger and 2203 are all very different amps.

NOTE: I don't mean to say that any one is better than another either! Seems like every time I say the word "different", or use one company's name as an example for a price point, someone assumes I'm slamming a company. :) That's not true.

Again, nobody will force you to spend your money on that amp, and no one is expecting you to be happy about the price increase either. But to say you'll just turn around and buy a Flexi instead, and that "VHT is raping you" is totally over the top in two different ways.

• Members

I admire some of you for taking up for VHT.

Mostly just pointing out a fact you don't want to accept

I'll still give the amp a listen but honestly I'm soooo pissed at this uncalled for price hike you probably couldn't give me one.

Even a VHT dealer just confirmed the company's price change was not what you're making it out to be. Be pissed at the dealer that lowballed you and now wants to charge what every other dealer charges.

Songman68,

Here's the Engl page showing prices in Europe: http://www.engl-amps.com/products/index.htm

You're probably right about VHT prices in Germany, but I was responding to your statement about value, not what VHT sells for overseas.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by Kelly

Your clips sold me long ago on the Deliverance Brian. I need an amp that can do single-coil blues tones and rock out when I need it to. Just wish there was a DC/Baltimore dealer.

Kelly --- If you are looking for more balls but all the detail then welcome home....

I hope you get this amp.

BK

• Members

I was all set to buy one, but hiking the price before anyone can get one and only a small hand full of people got one is price gouching at its worst. You guys who are too willing to accept this must also love paying 237 for a gallon of gass too. I just think it sucks to raise the price from under 1200 to over 1500. I'm mad as heck about it because I wanted one and thought 1200 was a fair price in fact a great buy for that amp. Now I'm simply rethinking it the way anyone with any sense would. I made my mind up a while back that I wasn't going to allow gas to get me to have to have something even when I think it is overpriced. I would probably buy a R7 or R8 plaintop for just over 2K but would never spend over 4k for an R9. It is just a line I've had to draw in the sand. If I compare the VHT to the more versatile Stilleto and pricier Fuchs and still like it beter I'll do what I always do----------find one at a good deal. It won't be 1600 bucks though. You guys are flaming me just because I think it sucks they raised the price by sooooo much. Your telling me they couldn't raise it by 100 bucks or so. Just how much did the actual list price go up, so I'll know how much of this is local retailers and how much is the manufactorer?

• Members

I was all set to buy one, but hiking the price before anyone can get one and only a small hand full of people got one is price gouching at its worst. You guys who are too willing to accept this must also love paying 237 for a gallon of gass too. I just think it sucks to raise the price from under 1200 to over 1500. I'm mad as heck about it because I wanted one and thought 1200 was a fair price in fact a great buy for that amp. Now I'm simply rethinking it the way anyone with any sense would. I made my mind up a while back that I wasn't going to allow gas to get me to have to have something even when I think it is overpriced. I would probably buy a R7 or R8 plaintop for just over 2K but would never spend over 4k for an R9. It is just a line I've had to draw in the sand. If I compare the VHT to the more versatile Stilleto and pricier Fuchs and still like it beter I'll do what I always do----------find one at a good deal. It won't be 1600 bucks though. You guys are flaming me just because I think it sucks they raised the price by sooooo much. Your telling me they couldn't raise it by 100 bucks or so. Just how much did the actual list price go up, so I'll know how much of this is local retailers and how much is the manufactorer?

The D60 went from 1695 to 1895....and 1356 to 1516 map....you make it sound like they went up a million dollars.....

• Members

OK I wasn't seeing it at 1356. I was seeing at under 1200. I usually find stuff way under MF type net dealers. If the list only went up 200 bucks or so then I would look to find someone selling it for under 1400 now. If someone can't come down %33 to %40 off they can keep it. no hard feeling what so ever. I've gon a Marshall which will always be the best amp made. The next 100 bands you see on tv playing live, count how many Marshall names you see spelled out behind them. See if any other name comes anywhere near as many times. There is a reason for that. Too bad I would have loved to have one and would for a modest price. I'll never have a Diezel or a SLO either. I can't justify paying as much for an amp or guitar as what you'd pay for a used car. It is crazy. I'd like a PRS but it would have to be a scaled down model with no upcharges. I can't get that for about 1750 too. All I'm saying is that price increases should be incremental adjustments in keeping with the cost of living.

• Members
Originally posted by Songman68

I have checked out the link you provided and looked all around on that link. If there are European prices on it they sure have them hidden awful well, because I don't see them.

Hmmm, that's wierd. I clicked on the link in my previous reply and it went right to it. Here's what I pasted from that page (euro symbol showing up as E here). The prices are in a different color on their web page. Maybe your browser settings are preventing you from seeing it. Currency exchange rate is about euro 1.2 X dollar. Oops, I effed up. Screamer is E335. Fireball is E625 (about $750 US...still, street price there around $600...):o

Special Edition E 670 EL 34

Special Edition E 670

Savage 120 E 610

Ritchie Blackmore Sign. E 650

Powerball E 645

Fireball E 625

Classic Head E 355 C

Screamer 50 HEAD E 335

Thunder 50 HEAD E 325

keith2112, I searched the internet for 20 minutes to get the info I posted and a VHT dealer told you twice what's really up. Rant and rave all you want, but you have the facts. Nobody's flaming you. You just refuse to see the obvious...
:wave:

• Members

I've gon a Marshall which will always be the best amp made.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion...:D

The next 100 bands you see on tv playing live, count how many Marshall names you see spelled out behind them. See if any other name comes anywhere near as many times. There is a reason for that.

Yeah, the reason is advertising revenue. Marchall, Fender and Mesa have no qualms about piling free gear on a band that recorded an album with other (often better) gear so they can in effect take credit for the sound. Then you'll go out and buy that product thinking you're going to get that sound because that's what you see on stage. That's just the way it works and artists are just as much to blame for allowing themselves to be used this way just so they can say they got something for free.:evil:

• Members

Illroy that site does not have prices at all. The E 670 and all the numbers following the letter E are not prices. That e does not stand for Euros, they would use the Euro symbol for that. They are model numbers, for example the Ritchie Balckmore Signature model number is E650. The Fireball model number is E625. See for yourself on the Engl USA site. If you still don't believe me or the Engl USA site call them and ask @ 866-ENGLUSA http://www.englampsusa.com/category.asp?CAT=Heads

Special Edition E 670 EL 34

Special Edition E 670

Savage 120 E 610

Ritchie Blackmore Sign. E 650

Powerball E 645

Fireball E 625

Classic Head E 355 C

Screamer 50 HEAD E 335

Thunder 50 HEAD E 325

• Members

The next 100 bands you see on tv playing live, count how many Marshall names you see spelled out behind them. See if any other name comes anywhere near as many times. There is a reason for that.

Actually there are reasons for that, one of which being that people like the amps. The rest are different reasons, however. Being so proud of Marshall seems a bit hypocritical too, considering their recent price increases...

All I'm saying is that price increases should be incremental adjustments in keeping with the cost of living.

The price increases should actually be kept in line with the increases in the costs of doing business, to be fair. Since you don't know what those are, you can't be the one to say what the price increases should be.

Remember, this isn't like water, gas, electricity, and so forth--this is a luxury item. VHT or any other amp maker has absolutely no obligation to lose money by trying to keep their price increases in line with cost of living increases (which also vary greatly all over the world).

• Members

I don't know what you're whining about. If you have a JCM800, and an Avenger, why are you pissing and moaning about the price of a VHT? Sell them both, buy the VHT, and shut the {censored} up about it!

You're probably one of those amp whores who owns, or aspires to own several amps, yet can't play a lick...

:rolleyes:

• Members

your sig Peavey 5150, jsx, xxx, line 6 flextone, mesa F series.
Dude if you were stupid enough to buy all those looser amps than a looser like you doesn't need to be telling me how to spend my money. I was listening to and watching guys like Robin Trower, Ace Frehley, Howard Leese, Alex Lifeson, Ritchie Blackmore tear it up on Marshalls using Gibson and Fender guitars while you were probably getting off on all those 80s guys no one remembers now. O yea, I see you wasted money on the one suck ass marshall made-----TSL

• Members

I'm 36, and a little more educated than you as well.
I STILL bet you can't play a lick..

your sig Peavey 5150, jsx, xxx, line 6 flextone, mesa F series.

Dude if you were stupid enough to buy all those looser amps than a looser like you doesn't need to be telling me how to spend my money. I was listening to and watching guys like Robin Trower, Ace Frehley, Howard Leese, Alex Lifeson, Ritchie Blackmore tear it up on Marshalls using Gibson and Fender guitars while you were probably getting off on all those 80s guys no one remembers now. O yea, I see you wasted money on the one suck ass marshall made-----TSL

• Members

good for you. evidently in all your education no one ever told you that telling someone to "shut the f..k up" is very rude. By the way, I have three master's degrees and am a phychology profesor. Also, I have a one year bible degree which I'm the most proud of. I'd much rather teach from the inerant word than all they phychobable in acadamia.

You have some cool amps too, HR 50 DSL100 etc. What guitars do you have. I noticed you didn't list them. I'll never understand why people take up for higher prices. The stuff that appreciates like Gibson and Fender guitars I can understand. But amps, they loose value as any item which can deteriate by way of age. People who are selling VHT I can understand. I made my disstaste for VHT's huge price increase made know to my local dealer. He was way too mature to get all upset about it. I look forward to maybe buying the Fuchs from him. I'm gonna let the VHT ride though.

ps. if you need the last word in order to get on with your day please go ahead. I'm not going to get into the whole thing with you in a thread that I started. I've got beter things to do.

• Members

good for you. evidently in all your education no one ever told you that telling someone to "shut the f..k up" is very rude. By the way, I have three master's degrees and am a phychology profesor.

3 masters degrees, and you can't spell? God help us.

I play a Gibson SG Standard, FWIW.

• Members

I've gon a Marshall which will always be the best amp made. The next 100 bands you see on tv playing live, count how many Marshall names you see spelled out behind them. See if any other name comes anywhere near as many times. There is a reason for that.

There is another reason too...many times backlines are rented for tours and Marshall is easy to come by. How many times do you see a big Marshall backline and find out the artists use something completely different?

Ive got two old Marshall's (lots of mods) myself (out of probably 25 total) that are cool, but I also have amps I like a whole lot better...if you are happy with your Marshall good for you, but it sounds nothing like a Deliverence.....all your complaining about price and you never asked me for a price....interesting.

• Members

I usually try to deal with some of the fine folks here in NC when I can. There is a great shop in West Va. I go to a lot. At the moment I'm finishing up payment on a lp special tv yellow single cut 1990 model. The Deliverance was going to be my next gear purchase before I got the word of the price going up. Honestly, I'm taking another look at Fuchs because 1600 isn't that far away from the money I could see paying for the Fuchs. They are totally different amps. A lot depends on just how dirty the Fuchs will get on the Rock setting. I would consider the VHT if I could get it down some off of the 1500 and some change. I got my JCM800 2203x brand new for 1100 bucks. My Avenger was 1250 brand new. I'm not going to be sorry for only buying when I find a deal. My custom shop non reverse Gibson Firebird with burstbukers was 1100 brand new. My NOS 1960 Stratocaster in Daphne blue 1710 shipped from chuck levins. Call me cheap if you want to, but I'm proud of the deals I've made usually by sticking to my guns. Who knows, the Deliverance my well go down 100 bucks or so when they stop selling as fast as they would have. I'm living in a state with Steve Car, Greg Germino, the Top Hat makers. I can afford to be cautious when buying an amp.

• Members

You're right about players not using exactly what they have on stage. I just saw Lenny K. who had stacks of Fenders which had no insides. I heard it was Devided by 13 he actually was using. I'll never understand why someone like Paul Stanley uses a Silvertone for an endorsement when he could have anything he wanted.

• Members

By the way, I have three master's degrees and am a phychology profesor.

You're a phychology profesor? Is that something like a psychology professor?

:p

Also, I have a one year bible degree which I'm the most proud of. I'd much rather teach from the inerant word than all they phychobable in acadamia.

Phychobable (sic) indeed!

And how fitting you should call it "inerant" instead of "inerrant".

Sorry, but these spelling mistakes lead me to believe you are lying about your education...except possibly the one-year bible "degree".

Archived