I'll probably get banned for this but HOLY CRAP

V-B

• Members

Omfg, that is really messed up, almost like something from some messed up sci-fi horror movie.

If you have a weak stomach, seriously, do not look at that. I am a bit shaken just from a few seconds of the pic.

I would not call that a rash, at all. You can see a rash, but that is definitely not the scope of what is going on there. So if you think that it is just a rash, and think that couldn't be so bad, think again, and be very careful about scrolling down.

• Members

Oh man, that makes me feel better that it is fake. There are some messed up things that can happen to you like that, though.

Parasitic organisms that will live in humans are not only distguisting, they are downright terrifying. I'd have a whole lot of trouble thinking of many worse things to experience.

I have great pity for the people in other, much less developed, places in the world that must live alongside such horrors.

• Members

just horrible, I've been squirming and cringing about this since yesterday. It reminds me of a toad I saw on the Discovery channel that has a bunch of holes in its back where its young live.

17.jpg

pipa_hatching.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

For some reason, that one really never bothered me. Yeah, it's in the kids eye, but those things are far more disguisting when they are visible on skin, especially when there are lots of them.

True, what disgusted me was how big the holes on the boob were.

• Members

If you're talking about the fake boob pic, yeah, that's sick. I was mostly shocked by how many there were, but it's fake, so whatever.

The thing about bot fly larvae is that they make a sort of bump/mound, and just live inside of it, and then it starts to grow and protrude more, until they burst out. I find that more horrific than disgusting. It doesn't make me sick, it disturbs me that something lives that way, and will do it to humans. Obviously, any hole they would be in would be at least as large as a maggot, but the mound things are far worse.

• Members
Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

If you're talking about the fake boob pic, yeah, that's sick. I was mostly shocked by how many there were, but it's fake, so whatever.

The thing about bot fly larvae is that they make a sort of bump/mound, and just live inside of it, and then it starts to grow and protrude more, until they burst out. I find that more horrific than disgusting. It doesn't make me sick, it disturbs me that something lives that way, and will do it to humans. Obviously, any hole they would be in would be at least as large as a maggot, but the mound things are far worse.

Dude, I almost threw up when that one larva dodges the forceps and burrows in. The doctor PLUNGES his forceps in atleast an inch and grabs the sucker. That was {censored}ing sick....

yet awfully amusing:p :p

• Members

Originally posted by potaetoes

maggots in lesions actually can prevent infection by eating dead flesh. some hospitals actually use maggots to keep large wounds from getting infected, like in cases of amputation etc., and the practice has been around for years.

Yeah, before penicillin, maggots saved thousands of lives. In fact, strange as it sounds, soldiers in the Civil War, Napoleonic Wars, etc. PRAYED for blowfly maggots, which ate the crap out of dead flesh/bacteria which would cause infection and almost certain death. The Civil War Medical Museum is like 20 minutes from me, and they have some info on it. Creepy, but true.

And the guy who pioneered the modern method (during Civil War era and before, larvae would sometimes carry tetanus and other bad {censored}) went to Johns Hopkins...!

What a weird field medecine is...

Archived