Almost OT: Nerdiest instrument

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see that the popular consensus is still going with "accordian." Excellent.

accordion, maybe.

Bandoneon, no way! I love that tango-stuff!

V-Accordion is pretty nerdy...

anything that's easy enough to play for indie girls is a no-go for me.

melodica and glockenspiel come to mind...

• Members

You guys are indeed quite nerdy, but you can't beat me. I play the Excel Spreadsheet:

That is pretty cool and fun too. Thanks for passing it along. I had never seen it before. I suppose it would be possible - in fact pretty darned easy compared to other things - to make something like that using Matlab, too.

• Members

my children tell me that all synthesizers are nerd instruments.

:

A modular synth won't even turn on unless the user is wearing two pocket protectors.:lol:

Bassoon may be nerdy, but contra-bassoon? It's Latin for "I'll never get laid".

Harpsichord is pretty damn nerdy. So is bass clarinet. If you wanna get into the super-duper nerdy, it's taking a nerdy instrument and putting it into another genre:

Jazz Oboe.:facepalm:

Concerto for Saxophone.:facepalm:

Rock French Horn.:rolleyes:

• Members

Not accordion. That's like a gypsy type instrument, or something they play on the streeets of France. Lots of non nerds play it.

Personally, I think it's pretty damn hard to beat the guys with bassoons and violins.

dont know anything about bassoons... but I can tell you ,, its hard to beat a really smokin fiddle player. Nerds call them violins.

• Members

dont know anything about bassoons... but I can tell you ,, its hard to beat a really smokin fiddle player. Nerds call them violins.

Hehe. You have more than 17,000 posts on one single internet forum. No playing of any instrument mentioned on this thread could beat that.

• Members

If you think the accordion is nerdy, have a listen to "Ici Paris" by Michael Ganian. No cheezy polka stuff... it's all incredibly melodic French-style jazz type tunes. Really, really good.

The sad part is, is that Mr. Ganian made one brilliant record, and then died young in motorcycle accident.

Archived