how is my tone?

Elysian

• Members

Originally posted by danbronson

yeah i dig it. what amp/settings is that?

Vamp Pro, using Brit Hi Gain, with cab sim 1(1x8 "vintage tweed"), slight verb and delay, bass at 5, mids at 10, treble at 9... using a Jackson RR5 Rhoads V with Dimarzio X2N in the bridge spot.

• Members

Originally posted by Elysian

Vamp Pro, using Brit Hi Gain, with cab sim 1(1x8 "vintage tweed"), slight verb and delay, bass at 5, mids at 10, treble at 9... using a Jackson RR5 Rhoads V with Dimarzio X2N in the bridge spot.

cool, it does a good job. what does that patch sound like with a boost in front of it?

• Members

Hm... your tone is OK. Hard to hear really with the distortion and all... There's audible clicking noise from the pick. This is fine if that's what you want. Makes it sound raw but if it's just a mistake it will destroy things for you when you don't want it to be there.

• Members

Originally posted by Terje

Hm... your tone is OK. Hard to hear really with the distortion and all... There's audible clicking noise from the pick. This is fine if that's what you want. Makes it sound raw but if it's just a mistake it will destroy things for you when you don't want it to be there.

i've always noticed an audible picking noise when i play, no matter the amp/modeler, no matter the guitar, no matter the strings... i think its just how i pick really... and maybe cause i use 2mm dunlop gator grips and 10-60 strings i dunno

• Members

heres a clip of the tone i use most(least when playing by myself), got a bit of verb and delay on it, same eq curve as the other clip, but using modern hi gain amp sim... same cab, same guitar...

http://www.elysian-online.com/Nov16thRiffRhoadsVTone.mp3

not a fan of the effects, but the tone is surprising for a modeller. :thu:

• Members

i've always noticed an audible picking noise when i play, no matter the amp/modeler, no matter the guitar, no matter the strings... i think its just how i pick really... and maybe cause i use 2mm dunlop gator grips and 10-60 strings i dunno

Nothing wrong with that noise really. Just that it's good if you are aware of it and it's not something that just happens. I heard of this jazz guitarist who had these fast, fluid lines but unintentionally, and unknowingly, made this niose that ruined it all by hitting the pick-up cover with his pick.

Archived