Jada Pinkett's new METAL BAND - Wicked Wisdom... HOLY COW!!

crypticglobe

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Absolute garbage.

They were on Letterman a few weeks back, and the singer looked familiar... now I know why. Her vocals were basically inaudible and could not be understood. The mix was a trainwreck. The playing from the 2 guitarists and bassist was piss poor at best. I can blame the crappy tone on the Krank amps they were using... but her vocals were just so terrible, I can not put it into words. Methinks she better keep her day job.

:p

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

Right? Not to mention Garfight, how do you think she got the opportunity in the first place? By working her ass off.

if i was a betting man -i'd say she got there by being married to one of the biggest recording artists/actors in the world and saying "honey i'm bored at home all day while you're working- can you get me a record deal?".
don't get me wrong i know it happens all the time (ashlee simpson anyone?)but she's playing angry music and what does she have to be angry about?her maid not properly cleaning her toilet?her kids nanny taking a day off?
saying that she paid her dues acting and now deserves to be a rockstar because she's an actor is like me saying "i've paid my dues playing music for 15 years - i think i deserve to be the president of the united states now"

:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by garfight

if i was a betting man -i'd say she got there by being married to one of the biggest recording artists/actors in the world and saying "honey i'm bored at home all day while you're working- can you get me a record deal?".

don't get me wrong i know it happens all the time (ashlee simpson anyone?)but she's playing angry music and what does she have to be angry about?her maid not properly cleaning her toilet?her kids nanny taking a day off?

saying that she paid her dues acting and now deserves to be a rockstar because she's an actor is like me saying "i've paid my dues playing music for 15 years - i think i deserve to be the president of the united states now"

Jada was a star before she ever met Will Smith.

And yes, she paid her dues in the acting world which allowed her to branch out in other creative areas. Whether you dig her not is irrelevant.

• Members

Jada was a star before she ever met Will Smith.

And yes, she paid her dues in the acting world which allowed her to branch out in other creative areas. Whether you dig her not is irrelevant.

i'm just saying that i don't understand how paying your dues in one field automatically qualifies you to skip to the top of the heap in another ?

and its not just with music - it should be true with most other trades as well-just because someone is good at one thing doesn't mean they are good at something completely different.

and just so this doesn't escalate - i personally don't care one way or the other.it's just an observation:thu:

• Members

Since when did being rich, having maids, and a nanny exempt you from life {censored}ing with you and pissing you off?

• Members

-just because someone is good at one thing doesn't mean they are good at something completely different.

i agree, but when you've got the money and you have a passion for music why not try?

To me, this is way different than say Ashlee Simpson who obviously has no talent at all, hasnt even begun to pay her dues, but becomes famous because of her big sister. Thats {censored}in' whack and I agree with you all the way.

im just trying not to hate. :)

• Members

To me, this is way different than say Ashlee Simpson who obviously has no talent at all, hasnt even begun to pay her dues, but becomes famous because of her big sister. Thats {censored}in' whack and I agree with you all the way.

I'm guessing you obviously have not seen this steaming {censored} pile of "band"?

My husband is Will Smith... is this my record contract over here?
BTW Find me some musicians to put in "my" band.
Do these pants make me look metal enough?

Utter tripe. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Wizard of Ozz

I'm guessing you obviously have not seen this steaming {censored} pile of "band"?

My husband is Will Smith... is this my record contract over here?

BTW Find me some musicians to put in "my" band.

Do these pants make me look metal enough?

Utter tripe.

I hear what you're saying but at the end of the day all you are doing is speculating. You have no idea if she was a fan of metal before this or if she has played in bands before or the list goes on.

Im not saying I dig the music, Im just sayin', know what im sayin'? :D

• Members

I hear what you're saying but at the end of the day all you are doing is speculating. You have no idea if she was a fan of metal before this or if she has played in bands before or the list goes on.

No speculation on my part... she has no singing ability whatsoever. When I saw them on Letterman I thought it was some sort of American Idol spoof.

As far as her being a fan of metal... my grandma is a bigger metal head than Jada Pinkett-Smith.

niggaplez.jpg

• Members

I dont dig the music too much but {censored} that, I say, good for her.
:thu:

I say big props to her for not doing the regular "actor/singer" chic caca that we see put out over and over again!! It's actually not that bad at all IMO. She's really hot when she has hair too!

Archived