My office . . .

Duesentrieb

• Members
Originally posted by Duesentrieb

Btw Mike - I still think that putting it back to a 2204 (with reversable mods for more gain/meat), but keeping it as original as possible (with the board) would be the best for this amp - why? In a couple of years amps like this will easily cross the value line of 1000 Euros
;)
Looking at the prices you have to pay for unmodded JMPs lately, the only direction is UP.
;)

Thats cool. Im not really that bothered to be honest and I think you should just do what you think is best.

What Im really just looking for is something just like that typical Marshall tone, but with more meat, and maybe some of that nice Diezel style depth with the power amp. I will be using a pedal with it so completely over the top distortion is not that necessary, and I would like it to be as reactive as possible with the guitars volume knob. Oh yeah, and a loop!!

Im asking too much, I know.....;)

Remember, time is not an issue. Experiment all you like. :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't started yet :D

The not so pleasing result with Alex' 50 Watter (the DK) has made me think a lot more about certain details I didn't had to deal with before.

Marks amp is easier - stock Plexi PTP and a cap or two, cause he's such a gain whore :D

We will see. I will put yours back to full stock, do the standard mods, some Cameron (and a loop), record a clip and two - and we will see further then - and then ask Peter :D:D:D

Btw: what are you going to put into that loop?

• Members

I haven't started yet
:D

The not so pleasing result with Alex' 50 Watter (the DK) has made me think a lot more about certain details I didn't had to deal with before.

Marks amp is easier - stock Plexi PTP and a cap or two, cause he's such a gain whore

We will see. I will put yours back to full stock, do the standard mods, some Cameron (and a loop), record a clip and two - and we will see further then - and then ask Peter
:D:D

Btw: what are you going to put into that loop?

woohoo! Cant wait!! Those Cameron modded Marshalls sound awesome!

Im quite excited!

The loop is for the GMajor, and maybe the MB Quad.

Who knows, maybe I wont have use for the quad after all this....

• Members
Originally posted by Big Hair

LOL - I like that -
urgently
need a change! They must have been bad
:eek:

The thing with your amp is, that I have to uninstall all (all!) parts and make a decorrosion thing - its completely corroded everywhere . . . even in the inside. Was that amp lying for a couple of years in the river thames? :D

• Members

We'll see . . .
;)

Which crunch (just that) do you prefer

http://www.thinlizzy.de/dksecond.mp3

http://www.thinlizzy.de/dk3rd.mp3

Not that there are any C-mods made here, its not a Marshall (just lookwise), but the character gives you an idea, Mike
:)

dk3rd would be my preference here, but both sound really good!

• Members
Originally posted by Sick Michael

dk3rd would be my preference here, but both sound really good!

Cool. The difference between both is the way how to get "deep" into it (but I wasn't after a DM rythm when recording :D - the fx is about 20% of what can be dialed in ;) ). Gainwise thats about 60% of what is reasonable with 3 gainstages. Do you need/want more gain that lets say these 60% (which have 40% "headroom")?

I'm not happy with the lead sound, thats why I didn't send the amp to Alex . . . .

• Members
Originally posted by Sick Michael

Olaf, if we're just going for the single channel option then I think just the crunch channel instead of the lead channel would be the preference. (I'll be using a pedal).

Maybe I will install a manual switch to go between 3 and 4 gainstages (Peter suggested that - that gives you the option). Alex f.i. likes my 4 gainstage-stuff with the gainpot set to 35-45% for rythms ;)

• Members

Cool. The difference between both is the way how to get "deep" into it (but I wasn't after a DM rythm when recording
- the fx is about 20% of what can be dialed in
;)
). Gainwise thats about 60% of what is reasonable with 3 gainstages. Do you need/want more gain that lets say these 60% (which have 40% "headroom")?

I'm not happy with the lead sound, thats why I didn't send the amp to Alex . . . .

No, I think the gain level on that is fine. Maybe a tiny bit more, but not much.

The swtich might be nice. If it doesnt take anything away from the amp, then it could be a good inclusion. So long as the amp cleans up nicely I dont mind.

• Members

I didn't know that I have to build in a cleaner too
:D:D

We will tweak it over the phone, Mike, in a couple of days/weeks. Of course its much easier you get your popo into a train and we tweak it on the fly
;)

my popo!! lol.....

well you know, Im old fasioned....cleaners are a good thing....

Take your time with it, theres no rush.

Archived