Pod xt/Vox ad30vt/tech 21 trademark xx...hep me decide

dorme1

• Members

I've been to guitar center and played with the ad30vt, it's fun, definitely a cleaner livelier sound than the line 6 spider I also messed with. I had a pod when they originally came out and liked it but decided I needed a "real" amp and got a hot rod deville, so I'm back to something that's a little more versatile. I like the idea of the pod xt and maybe plugging into a neutral amp if I ever play out or with other people. The ad30vt is cool, though not that heavy (pedal?) and I can't find anyone around here (michigan) that sells tech 21 stuff, or at least has anything in to try out...so is tech 21 good? better than the vox? speak to me amp forumites. thanks

• Members

I haven't played the Vox, but I have a Tech 21 Trademark 60 and it's a very good amp. It does the Fender clean thing very well, and also does Marshall well. It's definitely not a metal amp, though, so if that's what you mean by heavy, the Tech 21 is not it. It's light, but well built, and has an XLR out that's perfect for going into a PA.

• Members

Originally posted by DonK

I haven't played the Vox, but I have a Tech 21 Trademark 60 and it's a very good amp. It does the Fender clean thing very well, and also does Marshall well. It's definitely not a metal amp, though, so if that's what you mean by heavy, the Tech 21 is not it. It's light, but well built, and has an XLR out that's perfect for going into a PA.

+1

The Trademark 10 or 30 can do more of a metal tone, IMO.

Archived