Heaviest amp you've owned

decode6

• Members

I just recently sold my Laney VH-100R head which I thought was pretty big, shipping at 53 pounds. But I just bought a 1974 Ampeg VT-22 and was checking it tonight (comes in tomorrow :D ) and I oversaw that it weighed 104 lbs. shipped!!!

Any big-uns out there?

• Members
Originally posted by TheDarxide

Laney ProLinebacker.

Can't find a pic, but it was 100 watt 2x12. Insanely heavy. Don't know what the actual weight was, but it was far in excessive of all the other 2x12's i've used.

WIth a name like Pro Linebacker, I think you can assume it weighs a brick {censored}house. :thu:

• Members

I have an Ampeg VT40 from 1969 or thereabouts that weighs a ton. I've never actually weighed it. It was shipped to my office in a giant roadcase though and is pretty freakin' heavy. It's heavy enough that you almost need two people but it's not quite big enough.

• Members

Head: JCM 800 2203, one side was wayyyyyyy heavier than the other, carrying it sucked...I was also 16 and a scrawny little {censored}....Still am lol.

Heaviest setup: Marshall 9200/preamp rack. 5 space rack, BACK BREAKING!!! The 9200 has 4 huge trannies in it, lol. God damn I hated loading in and out of shows.

-Joe

• Members

When I was 14, I built a speaker cab in wood shop at school. It had 6- 12" and 4- 8" speakers. (I know, how foul) It was made of 1" particle board, that really tight packed stuff. That {censored}er must have weighed 150lbs. When I was 17, I had a huge keg party and since I had a normal 4x12 by then, that one went in the bon fire!:D

• Members
Originally posted by axe2 2001

When I was 14, I built a speaker cab in wood shop at school. It had 6- 12" and 4- 8" speakers. (I know, how foul) It was made of 1" particle board, that really tight packed stuff. That {censored}er must have weighed 150lbs. When I was 17, I had a huge keg party and since I had a normal 4x12 by then, that one went in the bon fire!
:D

that is METAL!!! :thu:

Do you have clips?

• Members

Lonestar 2x12 combo was a beast. at least 80 lbs

Heartbreaker was a backbreaker. easily 100 lbs

The 65 twin RI was a backbreaker too. 70-80 lbs

Geeze. My drz and 2x12 is a backbreaker. 80-85 total weight

and i'm gassin for a marshall 412. geeze.

• Members

My Fender 1x12 Concert combo was a pita to carry; they should put handles on both sides of amps that big so two can team up on it.

Regarding the original post, the shipping weight may not have too much to do with the item's actual weight. I don't doubt that it will be a heavy bastard though. :p

Archived