Music Man Petrucci Owners Chime in!

t-rave

• Members
Originally posted by Random Hero

Haha, sorry dude. I only read the first few posts.

I don't find the frets particularly huge at all, but also, like Brake said, they're not tiny either. They're very comfortable to play on, and I dig them.

:)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Mahogany has more midrange than basswood, and the same as alder.

ctmmaterial.jpg

Christ on a pogostick, I can't believe people actually think this chart is anything more than a figment of someone's imagination, straight out of Eric Johnson's playbook.

• Members
Originally posted by ptah

Christ on a pogostick, I can't believe people actually think this chart is anything more than a figment of someone's imagination, straight out of Eric Johnson's playbook.

I would like to see the scientific method used for such data, where did that chart come from?
I dont hear Mahogany as have more mids AT ALL, some people write these descriptions by listening to a Les Paul vs a strat or something, you cant do that, Les Paul is a different scale length body thickness and a million other differences. I find Mahogany airy and resonant, brilliant top end but only clicks for me when using a Mahogany neck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by Alanfc

I emailed MusicMan/Ernie Ball on this, but

do we think they could make a custom Petrucci with a different neck profile.? Their customization page looks like its only a few elements

Thanks

This isn't possible, as far as I know. I'm 95% certain that you can't select neck profiles.