OT: Hair growing suppliments?

JnBroadbent

• Members

Now that I don't have a job and I don't have to keep my hair short I'm gonna grow it out again, but I want it quickly. I'm already using this shampoo that everyone says makes your hair longer and I am seeing a difference but it isn't fast enough. Any advice on how to grow it out longer quicker?

• Members

Originally posted by JnBroadbent

Now that I don't have a job and I don't have to keep my hair short I'm gonna grow it out again, but I want it quickly. I'm already using this shampoo that everyone says makes your hair longer and I am seeing a difference but it isn't fast enough. Any advice on how to grow it out longer quicker?

what shampoo?

• Members

Originally posted by nvcreations

wrong, half way

it does that AND stimulates the hair folicale and increaases hair growth (time)

all its done for me is prevent my hairline from receeding any further, my hair is still growing at the same rate. I've got a bottle sitting on my dresser right now, the back label only says stuff about removing DHT.

• Members

Originally posted by zac102

all its done for me is prevent my hairline from receeding any further, my hair is still growing at the same rate. I've got a bottle sitting on my dresser right now, the back label only says stuff about removing DHT.

FWIW there are an ass load of products made by nioxin, and I was refering to the recharging system (which are the pills). its basically a suped up multi-vitamin, with a lot of other crap like red/green/blue algea etc

My GF runs a few salons and told me about the stuff after I had a drug test (hair test,,,,, they take a FAWKING LOT OUT) and I couldnt wait for that damn chunk to come back. so she gave me that stuff, seems to have worked well.

also its great for clearing up your complexion. When I try to gain weight for working out, my testosterone jumps crazy high and I get shoulder acne, this stuff regulates it and clears me up.

• Members

NEWPORT, R.I., Feb. 19 (UPI) -- The lead singer for the 1960's family group, The Cowsills -- Billy Cowsill -- has died at his home in Calgary, Alberta, at the age of 58.

Cowsill died Friday night after a long battle with emphysema, osteoporosis and Cushing syndrome, the Providence (R.I) Journal reported Sunday.

Family members told the Journal they learned of Billy's death shortly after a memorial service in Newport, R.I., Friday for their brother, Barry, who drowned in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina at age 51.

"We don't know what happened, but he hasn't been well for a while," Robert Cowsill said of Billy Saturday night as surviving members of the family prepared for a memorial concert in front of about 500 people for Barry.

"It's shocking," Paul Cowsill said, adding his brother Billy, like Barry, had problems with drugs and alcohol. "I can't begin to tell you how weird it is. But we're still here and now it's just a party for two."

The Cowsills inspired the hit TV show "The Patridge Family" and had radio hits such as "Hair," "Indian Lake" and "The Rain in the Park and Other Things."

Billy Cowsill moved to Canada 35 years ago and played with the groups Blue Northern and The Blue Shadows.

In addition to his siblings Paul, Robert, Richard, John and Susan, Billy Cowsill is survived by two sons, Travis and Del.

Copyright 2006 by United Press International. All Rights Reserved.

• Members

Originally posted by rx jr.

SWEET!! where can I find this?

most higher end salons or even just order it online. do a search for Nioxin Recharging system

its available in shampoo/conditioner (but does slightly different stuff)

but the pills are what are the best... oh yea, also makes your nails grow faster

• Members

Originally posted by nvcreations

most higher end salons or even just order it online. do a search for Nioxin Recharging system

its available in shampoo/conditioner (but does slightly different stuff)

but the pills are what are the best... oh yea, also makes your nails grow faster

there are so many variations and products...... i dunno which one to get. just the shampoo and conditioner?

• Members

Originally posted by rx jr.

there are so many variations and products...... i dunno which one to get. just the shampoo and conditioner?

depends on what you are going for. Like I said, i only take the pills because it helps with my shoulders, plus healthier hair is always a plus!

I would suggest the pills since its also a multi-vitamin, and cant go wrong with that. gets pricey though, you will prolly pay 17 bux for a 30 pill bottle. shampoo may be the way to go for longer term who knows. I will ask my girlfriend tonight

• Members

Ummm....Folks. You do realize all those over the counter products are bull-{censored}, SNAKE OIL.

There is no way, no how, that that stuff really works. All it does is make your wallet lighter.

If you are serious about having hair loss...go to a Dermatologist, and get a {censored}ing prescription for Propecia, which actually DOES work.

• Members
Originally posted by Deuterium

Ummm....Folks. You do realize all those over the counter products are bull-{censored}, SNAKE OIL.

There is no way, no how, that that stuff really works. All it does is make your wallet lighter.

If you are serious about having hair loss...go to a Dermatologist, and get a {censored}ing prescription for Propecia, which actually DOES work.

wtf :confused:

Hair loss?

Archived