If Dual Rectos are so loose.....

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members
Originally posted by DerekB

With EMG's and a Boost they track great. Check out Pat Obrien from Cannibal Corpse playing his triple with a Metal Zone as a boost in this video. If that aint tracking fast than I dopn't know what is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dtfqy8jrg8&search=Cannibal%20Corpse

Derek

:cool:

Yeah but he used a Metal Zone! Heh, I was really specifically reffering to the natural recto distortion. With a boost/distortion/od the sky is the limit.

Id like to hear those dudes try that song with no Metal Zone.

• Members

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

One thing I found at least with my Single Recto is that radically dropped tunings sound like mush. All my guitars are tuned to Eb and I think this adds a lot to my tone. Just loose enough to feel good and sound thicker, but not loose enough to cause problems.

Eric

Yup. I've got one guitar tuned to C and another that I keep in E tuning. I do like the sound of both depending on what I'm playing but lately I've been enjoying the hell out of my standard E tuned guitar through the Triple. It has a mid-range grind that cuts like a razor....I do not get the same cutting mid range (I run the mids dimed BTW) when I run my C tuned guitar. That's more for death metal power chord rythyms that thump like a sledge hammer.

Archived