What the hell? My brand spanking new 6505+ is not working

ReighIB

• Members

Got my new 6505+ today and its not working at all. I have a G-Flex 412 and that works perfectly but the 6505+ just farted out!! I know peavey amps are known for the durability but what the hell? The the food pedal light is not working for the crunch channel. Ive only delt with marshall stacks so I dont know if theres like a special way to hook up the 6505+. please HELP ME!

• Members

preamp tube may have just went out on ya!

might want to get a new one and stick it in the different slots one at a time to see if that helps. if all connections (speaker cable, footswitch, etc) are done right, and the amp stops working i would point to tubes first, most likely the preamp.

check it out. :)

• Members

Are you using speaker cable from the amp to the cab or is it a patch cable?

Are you coming out of the speaker outs or the preamp out? Or the effects loop out?

Check the speaker cable and make sure it works in another amp.

Make sure all the tubes are fully seated and all cables are all the way in.

Let us know how it all turns out.

• Members

Oh my god, I just got the coolest feedback in my life. Well, the problem turned out to be a bad speaker cable(Thanks for the crappy cable peavey:mad: ). Anyway, I took out the bad ones and replace them with good ones, while the lead channel's volume being at 6 and my guitar facing dead straight at the cable, I turned on the stand by and....EEEEEEEEEEEKKK!! The feedback's sound wave shot my heart, I thought i was going to have a heart attack.....BUT IT WAS AWESOME. And its like midnight right now, i probably woke up my whole neighborhood. Hahaha. Well Thank you all for your time and help. I really appreciate it:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by ReighIB

Oh my god, I just got the coolest feedback in my life. Well, the problem turned out to be a bad speaker cable(Thanks for the crappy cable peavey:mad: ). Anyway, I took out the bad ones and replace them with good ones, while the lead channel's volume being at 6 and my guitar facing dead straight at the cable, I turned on the stand by and....EEEEEEEEEEEKKK!! The feedback's sound wave shot my heart, I thought i was going to have a heart attack.....BUT IT WAS AWESOME. And its like midnight right now, i probably woke up my whole neighborhood. Hahaha. Well Thank you all for your time and help. I really appreciate it:thu:

LMAO.....haha that is awesome!!! Hopefully you didn't get hearing damage from it though?!!! That would suck!

Archived