does ANY1 know what amps and guitars were used to record 1st SOAD record?

(hed)sound

• Members

yeah....i know what it looks like

It IS an LP tho, i {censored} you not...
Back before the SG they made a couple different bodies for LP's, one went on to become the SG, I have a Les Paul dictionary type thing that shows the transformation from LP, to Double cut LP (as can be imagined) to Double Hard cut LP (early SG) to SG...

I've wanted one all my life, have cutouts of them (and his) in catalogues and magazines. Its an SG lookin LP.

Actually pick up that Guitar One interview from a couple months back if you want written confirmation...or get a shot with the headstock writing more visible

I

• Members

I was on the last US tour with them and I can assure you what he's using on tour is SG's and Divided by 13 amps and Ernie Ball Strings.

"The track B.Y.O.B. (Bring Your Own Bombs) featured Daron Malakian playing a 1962 Gibson SG into a Marshall JMP-100. The twist is that he then turned the cabinet towards a entire wall of acoustic guitars, which caused them to resonate. Some of the guitars

• Members

Im holding the Guitar One mag he covered a couple months back
I can assure it says "Les Paul" right across the headstock
working on downloading a digital copy right now....but for my own eyes...they beleive me

and no...the red one

• Members

i actually had no idea that one you posted was white (stage lights etc) but NO! goddamit lol

I AM TALKING ABOUT HIM ON THE FREAKIN COVER OF THE GUITAR MAGAZINE HOLDING HIS FREAKIN DOUBLE CUT LES PAUL! lol

That pic is not the cover of a magazine, now is it? therefore i am not talking about that pic. I am talking about the pic i am looking at but cannot scan.

And yeah, what are you arguing for if you know yourself its a les paul?

• Members

I'm not take some ludes :D You said post a better pick of the headstock and I was like huh? that's an SG!

The guitar he recorded with that was on th emag is exactly what you were talking about.. I miss the baritone iceman though..

daronskinnycloudskyedotface.jpg

• Members

indeed, that was a cool guitar :thu:

yeah, CD and cover = LP
that pic of the white one that i didnt know was white cuz of the reddish lights = SG

i got confuzzled when you said i was wrong and posted a pic of a different guitar than i had mentioned.
:freak:

have a good weekend im out :wave: peace

Archived