OT: Hi-Def tv's

OneHappyPappy

• Members

The actual viewing distance would be close, I'm in an apartment at the moment and moving into a home won't happen for a few more years. So we're talking about six or seven feet to the entertainment center. I'm just looking for something to enhance gaming and the whole movie experience, of course I'll be looking into getting surround sound as well.

• Members

anything under 42 is not worth it. Hell I bought a 42 for my bedroom and have a 60" for my living room. Just save up a little more and get a quality 42" hd tv. I dont care if its for an apartment or a multimillion dollar home. A quality tv is still a quality tv and you will need a 42" wide screen to enjoy what HD has to offer.

• Members

I have a 42" sony LCD projection. You can get em for around 1600-2000. I think its a great tv. I work for circuit city so I bought every 42-44" we sold and tried it out in my home to see which one had the best picture and was just overall better. Sony came out number 1 and it was by far. Better color and better clarity. Samsung was 2nd and was a pretty good tv, if you would like to go with a DLP

• Members

Originally posted by kh24

anything under 42 is not worth it. Hell I bought a 42 for my bedroom and have a 60" for my living room. Just save up a little more and get a quality 42" hd tv. I dont care if its for an apartment or a multimillion dollar home. A quality tv is still a quality tv and you will need a 42" wide screen to enjoy what HD has to offer.

I disagree. I'm in the market for one myself, and for where I'm going to put it 42" would be too big. Going from a 27" "regular" tv, a 32" LCD is just about a perfect transition.

• Members
Originally posted by OneHappyPappy

I'm thinking about getting a new tv and I'm either contemplating a 30 inch hdtv or going with a projection tv then I'd have to get the hardware for the hd. Do you think 30" is enough?

There are projection tvs that are HD

• Members

I don't own a TV of any size.

If I want to watch a movie I go to the theatre. If I want to watch a game I go to the local bar. If I want to see live music I go to a club. News comes from the internet. Everything else on TV is mind blowingly dull.

Try it, you might like it. :D

• Members

Originally posted by SkyhighRocks

I have a 30" samsung hdtv in my living room...perfect size for the room and top quality...got it new for like $800.

I bought a floor model Samsung 26" widescreen for $579 from Circuit City last year, and it looks awesome when we watch HDTV broadcasts and DVDs. Samsung tube TVs (with built in HDTV tuners) are one of the cheapest ways to get High Definition.

• Members

30 is big enough, and the cheaper the better.

i've got a 50 something HD projection, 27 inch tube, and a way old 20 inch tube. i watch the damned old 20 inch more than any of them, picture quality doesn't really matter that much when there is only one tv in a room.

if you wanna go big, take a look at projectors that show on a screen or wall. wish i would have gotten that over my big screen.

Archived