Fresh Andromedas on their way to retailers??

Bach42t

• Members

Good day,

Some of the big box online retailers and Sweetwater mention Andromedas are out of stock but on their way the middle of this month. I understand Alesis is not doing any more production runs and making them as they are able to scrounge up parts. Is this the time to buy if you are going to do it new?? I am sorely lacking in the analogue department. I need one badly, but crave that new synth smell, feel and touch.

• Members

indeed- the --Moog Voyager released 2002- still being made...

makes me think of the production runs in the last 8-9 years....

Yamaha and Korg seem to release endless versions of their flagship synths every 2-3 years:

Motif - 2001

Motif ES - 2003

Motif XS - 2007

Triton - 1999

Triton Studio - 2002

Triton Extreme - 2005

TR - 2006

Which begs the question: Does the Andromeda still sell so well that a redesign is not necessary to keep sales going? Or is it just something that the current owners 'inherited' and is still making some $$ so they keep it going...

• Members

Good day,

Some of the big box online retailers and Sweetwater mention Andromedas are out of stock but on their way the middle of this month. I understand Alesis is not doing any more production runs and making them as they are able to scrounge up parts. Is this the time to buy if you are going to do it new?? I am sorely lacking in the analogue department. I need one badly, but crave that new synth smell, feel and touch.

And they keep getting cheaper as well, its unbelievable (i got mine for a mere 2000 euros which is for a synth of its status insanely cheap) ... yeah I think that they are the flagship product of alesis, it sells so no reason to stop them and they get more popular every year. Cause it may be analogue but has the advantages of a digital synth, what more can you ask from a synth ?

Alesis play it safe though and they make only fewer than the markets needs. Thus the waiting between manufacturing each batch.... gladly I did a short waiting for my Andromeda, but I gladly would wait for a year, it fully deserves it.

• Members

I wouldn't hesitate if I were going to buy a new one. You never know when they would stop producing them. The A6 certainly deserves to be in production for a long time. One of the sweetest, deepest and probably most rewarding analogs out there. Still can't believe it's 16 voices of analog for such little cash. Man I want one bad, but can't pull it right now. If I could, I'd be all over one.

Archived