I don't know how many times I would have loved to do something like this!

Chad-Chicago

• Members

Originally posted by pezguy

I'm sure the guy with the guitar doesn't have 2 dimes to rub together. Certainly not a target for an aggressive lawyer. You won't see my 40 year old ass do this at a gig.

uhhh, that guitar and the rest of his gear is most likely worth some cash. even if it's not worth much, knowing you left a musician without his gear would help even the score at least a little.

• Members

Originally posted by OverDriven

Man you can't go doing that {censored} just because someone is heckling you. Not everyone will love your music, and some of the people that dislike it will also be wasted. You just have to roll with it. Sure...call him out and use your wits to make him look like an ass, but hitting someone in the face with a guitar is way outta line IMO.

-Joe

Exactly. I was just in a similar situation on monday where i was the "heckler". I saw some band play that were absolutely terrible. Some friends of mine showed up later on in the night, and I was going on and on describing in detail how bad they were.

Well needless to say, the lead singer is sitting in a chair about 3 feet to my left with his back to me, and endures my very negative description of their suckiness forabout 2 minutes before he stands up and says "lets go outside, right now"

So I go outside with him, and he's hot and ready to go.

Long story short I talked him down without any act of violence. I apologized for being rude (and talking {censored} about his band right in front of him) but I didn't apologize for not liking his band. I kept saying, not everybody's going to like you, you can't punch them all.

Anyway it ended without violence, which is a good thing since he was quite a bit bigger than me and he could have really hurt me, or I'd have had to do alot of real damage to him to be able to walk away.

Archived