Los Angeles area synth shops

KingVidiot

• Members

I'll be in LA this weekend, and I wanted to see what I can find to get the GAS going again (I know I opened this up for the obvious joke).

I wondered if anyone could recommend some good synth shops in the LA area. I'm looking for more interesting stores than the typical Sam Ash or Guitar Center that stock more esoteric or fun gear to see and test.

• Members

If you're looking for some GAS and some entertainment and will be around next weekend, there's a free music festival - The Immersion Festival - in Pomona sponsored by Noisebug and Rhino Records.

Steve Roach will be playing along with Djam Karet and some other electronic/alternative musicians. I'll be there for sure!

http://www.immersionfestival.com/

• Members

If you go to noisebug, call 1st. I showed up a half hour before closing time & they were gone. :cry: But I could see some great stuff through the windows!

I found the NAMM museum (in Carlsbad, south of LA) very interesting, although the only thing for sale were souvenirs. Woah! I just Googled to see if the same exibit was going on (it is), and they've a new one as well: BOB!

Of course, the obviously touristy thing to see is the Guitar Ctr in Hollywood. They had gear that my local GC doesn't carry (NEKO, for instance). It's also sort of a museum featuring famous players & their kit. There's more info on the GC website. I wouldn't go to HW just for that store, but if you're there anyway, it's fun.

See also this thread, in which much consideration and goodly manners were extended to an inquiring nub.

Archived