hellatone

tjon

• Members

yeah, the hellatone 30 is the celestion g12h30 and the hellatone 60 is the vintage 30. both are slightly broken in when you get them. i got the g12h30' (hellatone 30) and like em' a lot. give them a couple days of break-in time by playing through them and they'll get much sweeter.

• Members

Originally posted by tjon

Anyone here have any experiance with the Hellatone speakers avatar sells in some of their cabinets? Acording to the description they are broken-in v30's.

hellatone 60s are broken-in v30s; hellatone 30s are broken-in g12h30s. (you can actually peel the hellatone label off the back and the original celestion labels are under them.

they're great, best price for new v30s or g12h30s that I know of..

edit: damn! I type too slow ;)

• Members

Originally posted by tjon

do you think an avatar 2x12 would perform better than a cheap 4x12 like behringer or marshall mg?

yesyesyesyesyes by all {censored}ing means yes.

behringer makes about the worst 4x12 you can buy. constructions isn't TERRIBLE, but it's not good at all, and the speakers suck ass.

the MG isn't AS bad, but still not good.

if you're looking for a cheap 4x12 look for used Avatars on eBay.

• Members

I put 4 of the Hellatone 60's in my 1960A cab and they sound great. Can't beat the price either. I can't imagine why anyone would spend over $100 on Vintage 30's when the Hellatones are only $79. I bought all 4 from Avatar on EBay for $212!!! He always has some for sale there.

Archived