Guess the amp...............................................................

Woodshed

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Woodshed

Curious. do you think a Legacy sounds like a Krank.
:confused:

The distortion sound has a certain "grain" which is similar. I've noticed it in Legacy recordings before. The amps overall sound different, but there seems to be a common element which I hear.

Anyway, don't be too defensive. I'm one of few who can actually admit to getting good sounds from a Krank Revolution...

• Members

Originally posted by JamesPeters

The distortion sound has a certain "grain" which is similar. I've noticed it in Legacy recordings before. The amps overall sound different, but there seems to be a common element which I hear.

Anyway, don't be too defensive. I'm one of few who can actually admit to getting good sounds from a Krank Revolution...

I'm not defensive, Kranks must be OK if some of the larger recording acts are using them (I've never tried one).

Just that the Legacy is thought of as a Vai smooth type of tone, not good for high gain stuff, and the Krank is all gain balls, it's a little interesting to hear the 2 compaired.

That grain in the gain you are talking about, I like that, I hear it in the old VH tone as well.

• Members
Originally posted by exposeenmity

I've never listened to or played carvins amps before. If the Legacy can get those tones, that's awesome! I don't listen to Vai btw.
:rolleyes:

If you want to cover alot of ground (clean, dirty, heavy) it's able to do it.
My band plays that new simple radio rock stuff, but we also break out the Ozzy and other heavier stuff. I like this amp. Cheap too.

• Members

With greenback speakers in a closed backed cab, I have it set right now to

Drive 8
bass 3
mid 8 1/2
treble 6 1/2
presence 7

the more you turn up the master volume, the better it sounds. It sounds amazing cranked up above 5, but will kill small pets. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Woodshed

With greenback speakers in a closed backed cab, I have it set right now to

Drive 8

bass 3

mid 8 1/2

treble 6 1/2

presence 7

the more you turn up the master volume, the better it sounds. It sounds amazing cranked up above 5, but will kill small pets.
;)

100watt or 50watt setting?

Archived