Test drove a Madison Divinity today...

The Jeff

• Members

BLAH. It's gonna sound like I'm trolling, but it's my honest assessment. I was completely unimpressed, and thought it was pretty generic sounding. IMO it was trying to be a 5150/Recto, but not quite either. I got bored of it rather quickly.

On the upside, I plugged into my new VHT at home and was instantly greeted with real tone, clarity, responsiveness in the EQ, and nice chunky mids.

Madison = Hype :freak:

*ducks* :p

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by SGavin

My Divinity has clarity in spades.

What kind of guitar and speakers did you play it with and who carries them where you are?

It was clear, just not VHT clear ;) . Anyway I used an Axis and the Madison cab. The dude at the counter said they are custom drivers. :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by Wolf-Gain

BLAH. It's gonna sound like I'm trolling, but it's my honest assessment. I was completely unimpressed, and thought it was pretty generic sounding. IMO it was trying to be a 5150/Recto, but not quite either. I got bored of it rather quickly.

On the upside, I plugged into my new VHT at home and was instantly greeted with real tone, clarity, responsiveness in the EQ, and nice chunky mids.

Madison = Hype
:freak:

*ducks*
:p

for the death thing, i'd much prefer your cobra than the divinity

• Members

Wolf, how is the Deliverence for say Suffocation style sounds?

I play complex metal with alot of guitar harmonies.

If you have heard Neuraxis, that is kind of similar to my style.

I find my Divinity sounds very much like Killswitch tone on the End of Heartache album but with more clarity.

• Members

It was clear, just not VHT clear
;)

That's all the way you dialed in the amp than.. there's a reason I get calls from guys who are endorsed and using the same amp you have after hearing bands like If Hope Dies live. :)

• Members

Originally posted by xMadiMx

That's all the way you dialed in the amp than.. there's a reason I get calls from guys who are endorsed and using the same amp you have after hearing bands like If Hope Dies live.
:)

What reason :confused:

• Members

That's all the way you dialed in the amp than.. there's a reason I get calls from guys who are endorsed and using the same amp you have after hearing bands like If Hope Dies live.
:)

Yeah, there sure is a reason... It is called hype and BS. You are a major spreader of disinformation and you should be banned yet again.

Gary

• Members

Clarity, every single person I've had call or play on it can't get over the clarity of the amp.

The Divinity doesn't lack clarity, but it's not in the same boat as the VHT UL. I don't care how you dial it in. I haven't played a Deliverance yet so I can't say anything about that one. This is all just my humble opinion. :p

Oh, and one thing I liked about the Divinity was that it WAS NOT a Recto or 5150. It has characteristics of both, but it definitely has its own thing going on. That's a good thing. :thu:

• Members

Madison = Hype
:freak:

*ducks*
:p

Congrats on the VHT. I think I would've definitely want that amp if it was a two channel now.

As for the Madison hype thing...you best watch what you say or you might have your guts spilled out for such blashphemy!...lol

It takes a brave soul like you and me to spill the beans and prepare for the worst.

I wonder if there will be a frenzy buy of Divinity like Engl was and when the smoke clears ...then the reselling craze begins!

will see what happens?!

• Members

So when a band hears another band playing and makes it a point to comment on clarity and tone and on top of that decided to order one for themselves that's BS and Hype
:rolleyes:
You're just trolling like he is.

Maybe your right about the comments but not the trolling part.

Maybe some of the bands just have crap for ears. At least listening to the recorded tones they have would lead me to believe that much anyway.

Gary

PS. I forgot you were MR. KRANK and know GREAT TONE when you hear it!!!!!:eek:

• Members

Yeah, wasn't he affiliated with Krank at one point?

At least he said he was... Can't say I believe the things he says though. I would prefer he be banned yet again.

Gary

• Members

Well in particular one of the like 5 bands everybody seems to worship on here and want whatever amps/guitars/cabs they use plus is one of the main bands on Ozzfest this year.

As for the Krank mine sounded good, but from what people say on here they don't all sound the same, and most say they like the model I had best of the 2. Either way you slice it I still got God Forbid and Arch Enemy to leave Peavey and though lots of the bands who started using them quit doing so both of the bands I brought are still using them.

Archived