WAY OT: Favourite Subway

maiden_fan

• Members

this thread is hilarious.

all you sub-eaters pretending you know what you're talking about. i've been eating subs for 15 years, i've built a number of subs myself too. you should all know that the best sub, BY FAR, is meatball with provolone cheese on the monterey cheddar bread. many other sub experts i have consulted with agree, they are simply constructed with better components and by hand in the USA.

of course, if you can get your hands on a vintage SW Turkey Bacon, grab it. it will only appreciate in value and will be more reliable than any sub you've ever had.

;):thu: :thu:

• Members

Take your basic Meatball, bread doesn't matter a whole lot...

Add the following:
Mayo (thick stripe of it, 1/4"wide)
Bacon
Extra Cheese (pepperjack)
Onion
Green Pepper
Pepper
Oregano

Sub-Club
Add
Mayo
Bacon
Extra Cheese (pepperjack)
Tomato
Lettuce
Onion
Green Pepper
Pepper

"Philly"
Double meat, double cheese (pepperjack!) - and that's it.

• Members

i've been impressed with Boston's "T', Paris' subway, and NYC's subway, of course... DC's is too expensive...

...oh wait, we're talking about the horrible sandwich place that infects you with its persistant and inescapable scent as soon as you enter the store.

chicken teriyaki on honey oat

• Members

Favorite Subway is: Footlong Roastbeef on White w/ Extra White American Cheese. NO VEGGIES!! Meat, Cheese, and Bread only!!

That being said, the poster is right.....subway are fast food subs. They are decent, but in no way rival a "good" deli style sub!

Archived