Who here uses a 24 3/4 scale and severly detunes?

shred-o-holic

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by shred-o-holic

One thing that is frustrating for me personally is these companies like ESP, Schecter....their inconsistency in production concerning wood these days. You get quite a varience in the solidness of the same model. I would pickup a VB-400 baritone....but the last couple I have played seemed too light and not as solid as one particular model I tried last year. I tried a 400-nt last week that was just a joke.....such a feather weight balsa wood feel. I ran into a regular Viper that is massively heavy and weighed double than some of the same model as well........thats usually what I look for......it's not like I can call Musician's Friend and request them to send me the heaviest VB-400 they have.....they won't do that......

I know exactly what you are saying. Except I tend to go for a lighter one :o The heavier ones usually seem to be muddier, and more boomy in general.

• Members
Originally posted by Shask

I know exactly what you are saying. Except I tend to go for a lighter one
:o
The heavier ones usually seem to be muddier, and more boomy in general.

I hit my guitar strings so hard that I like a heavy ballsy body to milk the tones out....ask Kage sometime about how hard I hit the strings.....he said he'd never seem someone hit them so hard lol........which may be good or bad....:D

• Members

I use 12s in standard.
I have a 7 bu the B is mainly for odd voicings.
It's a UV777PBK so I have little choice but 10s on that(floyd post wear=ass pain. I use it alot, not abuse, but in most songs I'll do bends and warbles).

I pound strings.
I don't dig deep, but I hit hard.

• Members
Originally posted by shred-o-holic

I hit my guitar strings so hard that I like a heavy ballsy body to milk the tones out....ask Kage sometime about how hard I hit the strings.....he said he'd never seem someone hit them so hard lol........which may be good or bad....
:D

Im opposite, I have a pretty light, controlled attack.

• Members

Originally posted by Drago

TesseracT on here use to use 10-52 on his Gibson Voodoo SG tuned to Bb, F, Bb, Eb, F, Bb

He also uses an OD pedal in front of everything. That will sort of counteract that to a point...

• Members
Originally posted by KovachianOne

Drop B/C tuning on a 24.75" scale guitar, is like putting fat rear tires on a front wheel drive car.

That rhymed. I'm a poet and didn't know it.

Not sure I concur but that's sick how you mirrored your screen name......very cool.....:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Drago

TesseracT on here use to use 10-52 on his Gibson Voodoo SG tuned to Bb, F, Bb, Eb, F, Bb

Well I dig most everything dude puts together so if that's the case then I should be fine with a heavy set of strings......I would definitely use waaay heavier than 10-52....

• 4 months later...

Archived