INCREDIBLY impressed with my new single rectifier at band practice!

guitarist17

• Members

Originally posted by Guitarfreak911

awesome, cant wait till i get it. this will be my first head and cab amp. cant wait to crank it too. oh yeah how do you turn off an amp head. this guy told me there is a certain way you gotta turn it on and off so you dont damage the tubes. i forget what he said, it was something to do with the standby button.

Be sure to use the standby in the right way. Just like guitarist17 said. The standby is basically a buffer to allow the tubes to heat up before hitting them with full power. At the end of practice or a show it allows the tubes to cool down before killing the power.

Although I always let mine go for about 5 minutes before switching the standby on or off. That`s just personal preference and part of my "voodoo religion" when playing through my amp. Habit you might say.

Doing this will make the tubes last about twice as long. Saves a lot of money in tubes over a couple of years. I would even go so far as to say it`s easier on the amp itself too. I`m not sure but it wouldn`t hurt.

Enjoy your new amp.

Eric

• Members

as much as you were digging craig's splawn, you don't seem like the recto type :p

glad you're digging it anyhow tho...i had a recto for almost a year, and altho it sounded really good (i had el34's in mine) there was always something about the tone that bugged me, and if i dialed it out something else would bug me...i couldn't leave the stupid knobs along long enough to enjoy playing it :mad:

i bet it woulda killed running in stereo with the cobra tho

• Members
Originally posted by Guitarfreak911

awesome thanks. guitarist17, im confused why you would have to turn on standby after you turn on the power switch. sounds odd to me, but if thats how it goes then thats how it goes
:thu:

Well, you're actually bringing the amp out of standby, so standby is in the on position at first, which is the same position as power off.

• Members
Originally posted by cobrahead1030

as much as you were digging craig's splawn, you don't seem like the recto type
:p

glad you're digging it anyhow tho...i had a recto for almost a year, and altho it sounded really good (i had el34's in mine) there was always something about the tone that bugged me, and if i dialed it out something else would bug me...i couldn't leave the stupid knobs along long enough to enjoy playing it
:mad:

i bet it woulda killed running in stereo with the cobra tho

i TOTALLY dug the splawn man, and if i could, i would buy one. in fact, i COULD have bought one, if i had sold my 5150 head, and not bought the single recto, but im just loving the dual amp setup right now. if, in the near future i can get a splawn, i will. I'll sell my 5150, and use teh splawn/recto rig instead :D i never thought i was a recto guy either, but im really digging it. my sound meshes better with my other guitar player 10x better than just the 5150 by itself. Im going after what sounds good with my entire band, not just by myself. i love the splawn, and i love the recto and my 5150 :D

Chris

Archived