I went to a private screening at Skywalker Ranch yesterday.

Karma1

• Members

i've been to the EMP here in seattle and have seen that tower of guitars you're talking about. pretty insane for sure.

I'd love to check out the Experience Music Project in Seattle. Hope to make it up there one of these days.

• Members

I went to EMP a number of years ago, and marvelled at that sculpture HOWEVER, I was not aware that it played itself. I don't remember it doing anything except look amazing while I was there.

I've seen it too; It looked like a tornado of instuments, really intricate. It looked like it probably "played", but it was silent when I saw it.

• Members

Did you get to check out the recording studio there?

No I didn't, there was a session going on. But my friend invited me to come during the day for lunch and she would show me around. She is a Folley artist - the people who create the sounds like footsteps, creaking doors, etc. and has worked on over 200 major films including Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, and Toy Story to name a few. Pretty cool job.

• Members

I went to EMP a number of years ago, and marvelled at that sculpture HOWEVER, I was not aware that it played itself. I don't remember it doing anything except look amazing while I was there.

In the documentary it definitely played.

Archived