Built-in noise reduction?

jeffdo

• Members

I have a Tremoverb which I love, but the dirty channel is extremely noisy. Not sure if there is a problem with it, or that is just natural b/c of the amount of gain I'm pushing.

But I was wondering: are there any amps out there with built-in noise reduction? Doesn't this seem like a no-brainer?

• Members

Originally posted by CheeseMustDie

The Jsx has one, but i dont think it does anything.

The JSX does have an adjustable noise gate but really it just cuts out some white noise and at it's highest setting it does about what the fixed one on the XXX does on it's own. On the ultra channel I still think you need a gate to keep it quiet. I have yet to play any high gain amp that couldn't benefit from a gate although some guys can live with the noise, i'm not one of them.

• Members

Originally posted by Sordid1

The JSX does have an adjustable noise gate but really it just cuts out some white noise and at it's highest setting it does about what the fixed one on the XXX does on it's own. On the ultra channel I still think you need a gate to keep it quiet. I have yet to play any high gain amp that couldn't benefit from a gate although some guys can live with the noise, i'm not one of them.

Actually, at a live show I can deal with the noise, but at our small practice space it is unbearable.

Archived